More Screen Problems 9742

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 3' started by Myuki, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Myuki

Myuki Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby 9742
    Hi guys,

I am having problems with my Kyros 9742.:confused:
    Some apps "think" the screen is larger then it really is.
    For example: Let's Golf 3 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftL3HM&hl=en)
    Part of the game screen is not shown on my screen.
    I wonder if the app is "thinking" my sreen is 10.1 and not 9.7, so the game screen does not fit the actual screen.
    I have the stock rom installed. I also installed the google play fix and the google maps fix.
    Can you help me with this problem? Thanks!! ;)

2. Traveller

Traveller Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID9742, Dell Streak 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 6
    If you're using the build.prop I put together as part of the tweaks package, that could be the problem. The fingerprint is for a Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0", as at the time there wasn't a major manufacturer offering a 9.7" size. Now with Lenovo offering a tablet in that size this might be fixable. You might want to look into one of the apps that changes the screen resolution in the meantime.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Myuki

Myuki Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby 9742
    Thank you, Traveler.
    I used the build.prop from your tweaks package.
    If you could find a way fix it, it would be really great. For now, I will try an app to change de resolution, as you suggested. Thanks again.

4. Traveller

Tablet / Device:
    Well, I found a custom ROM for an Archos 97 Carbon. The 97 Carbon comes with Google Apps pre-installed, so its build.prop may work better. Thus I'm going to work on it in a few minutes or so, after the ROM finishes downloading.

I don't play the game you're using so I never noticed this. If anything, the games I play have to scale UP to fit the screen. I'll let you know how it works out, but please, be patient. :)

EDIT: It's a frickin' image file. That will teach me not to read the webpage before downloading. :/

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. Myuki

Myuki Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby 9742
    Another noobie question: I have downloaded the LCD Density App. But I do not know which resolution I should choose.
    For instance: what's the resolution you get while using the 7.0 fingerprint? And which one would be correct for our 9.7 screen?

6. Traveller

Tablet / Device:
    Quick thought: do you have screen adaption (Settings>Display>screen adaption) turned on? That might resolve your problem. I'd try it myself but there's no way in hell I'm going to download a 900MB game onto my tablet. Not with my roommate playing World of Warcraft right now.

In answer to your question regarding screen density, the 9742 has a density of 160dpi. Shrink it down to 120dpi to make everything smaller.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012