Move to SD

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
positives this week:
got 2.2 runing
got z4root running and titananium backup to unstall apps I don't want.

negs

want to start installing lots of apps but cannot get any of them to install to SD, so stuck with the limitations of internal memory only.

Is there any way to install to SD...otherwise whats the point of having SD ports??

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Not all apps will run from an SD card. There's an app that supposedly examines your apps and determines which can be moved to your SD card. You then tell it which ones to move and it does it for you. It's called App 2 SD and you can get it here.
https://market.android.com/search?q=app+2+sd&so=1&c=apps
As to your other question, "whats the point of having SD ports??", where are your Titanium backups? How did you root w/o SD? How do you get music & videos into your tablet? Etc.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
In the weeks I've owed my superpad, I've never had it in a stable enough condition to take a back-up of data. Ulimately I have a HTC Desire HD phone so my real reliance is on that.

This superpad was to serve as a cheap travel device to play in car movies and I wanted to also have it running as a spare sat-nav. But I want a sat nav app which runs off SD with preloaded maps.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Not all apps will run from an SD card. There's an app that supposedly examines your apps and determines which can be moved to your SD card. You then tell it which ones to move and it does it for you. It's called App 2 SD and you can get it here.
https://market.android.com/search?q=app+2+sd&so=1&c=apps
As to your other question, "whats the point of having SD ports??", where are your Titanium backups? How did you root w/o SD? How do you get music & videos into your tablet? Etc.

Good point. Also you can store books and other assorted items on the SD card. It just takes some exploring to see what you can do.