movie battery life

ibm650

Feb 28, 2011
Any results of battery life with various players, or does it matter, rooted or unrooted. thanks
I am looking for this device to among other things, play movies on airplane.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Rooting will definately get you better battery life because you can use SetCPU to tell the Nook how to use the processor (or less if you tell it to run full blast all of the time). Can't speak to movies specifically but I have watched youtube for hours on end over wifi. With wifi off battery life should be even better.

Jun 3, 2011
I've been reading through some Threads on Battery life. Is it recommended to allow the battery to completely drain at any time? How low should you allow the battery to get prior to charging?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I've been reading through some Threads on Battery life. Is it recommended to allow the battery to completely drain at any time? How low should you allow the battery to get prior to charging?

I don't think it matters and you'll probably get arguments both ways (running all the way down and charging frequently). The Nook does tend to just shut off when it gets to the lower end of the battery without warning, so you might want to start thinking about it when you see 30% or less.

Jun 3, 2011
Thank you J5150P. I would have hit the Thanks button, but something is off with my settings and I no longer have access to the Thanks button on any post.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you J5150P. I would have hit the Thanks button, but something is off with my settings and I no longer have access to the Thanks button on any post.
Are you using the Android Tablet Forum app. ? There is no thank you button to press on the appGloria

Jun 3, 2011
In response to your msg, atm I am, but on my laptop, I no longer have a Thanks option on Opera or IE since Friday afternoon.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum