Moving Photos FROM PC to VTAB

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
Good Morning,
I would like to move photos from my PC to the VTAB. When I connect the VTAB to the PC I see a directory (H:) in my case. That directory contains many "music folders" now and all is good :) My question is can I make a directory, say PHOTOS, on the micro SD card and download my photos into that directory and will VTAB find them? Can I create sub-folders under PHOTOS so that my pictures remain organized and still find them??
Sorry to ask all these questions as I am not familiar with Android (although learning fast through the help in this forum)
Bill

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
To be a little clearer on what I am trying to do. When I use the installed APP "Gallery" the photos I have taken with the VTAB show in ONE folder BUT all of the photos associated with my music (Album Covers etc.) display as individual photos opposed to just under ONE folder as in the example above "MUSIC". Any clearer??

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Not sure how it works, but I'll try it later today.

I do know if you use Picassa and create an on line google gallery, it automaticaly creates the same in the gallery.

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
Sorry for the bother - Found an APP - QuickPic - That does exactly what I want - I can HIDE the "music" folder and the pictures included in the folders never show in teh picture viewer.
Thanks,
Bill

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
bc3737,

Welcome. It seems that you found your answer, yes you can out your photos in whatever directories you want and QuickPic is a great gallery app.

stocksj

Nov 22, 2011
I just bouth a Vizio tablet for my wife and what I've done was take the mini-SD card and place it in a card reader attached to my laptop and copied all photos and music to folders I created there. After placing the sd card back in the tablet the system will see your sd card and access the info with no problems.
Jim

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
Do I have to do anything special prior to removing the mini-SD card from the VTAB? Do I just power down and remove it??

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Do I have to do anything special prior to removing the mini-SD card from the VTAB? Do I just power down and remove it??

Powering down and removing it is fine. You can also go to:

Menu->Settings->SD Card & Device Storage

and use the Unmount SD Card option - As long as you have not modified the mount points.

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
Thanks SOO much Marvin - I am way too illiterate with Android to fool around with rooting this thing :) - So I don't think that I have managed to modify the mount points --------- Yet!!!
Give me time - I'll screw up. Just an FYI - I'm a way old DOS driver - Remember DOS???? :)

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Thanks SOO much Marvin - I am way too illiterate with Android to fool around with rooting this thing :) - So I don't think that I have managed to modify the mount points --------- Yet!!!
Give me time - I'll screw up. Just an FYI - I'm a way old DOS driver - Remember DOS???? :)

I remember DOS very well, also CP/M, and Commodore Basic.

I also remember when the internet was less graphical (Archie, Gopher, Veronica, and UseNet).

I even remember BBSes like Color64 and CBBS.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
QuickPic is nice, but I want it to play slideshow from all the subfolders in my Photos folder and I can't figure out how to do this.
It can play slideshow from the currenly open subfolder, and that's it. Am I missing something?
Can QuickPic do it? If not, is there any other app which can do it?

Last edited:

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I am under impression QuickPic cannot do it.
But I found another nice free app, Slideshow Bob. It's on the Android Market if anybody needs this functionality.

bc3737

Nov 10, 2011
Come on guys - This could end up as a separate thread - I remember spending hours typing in Commodore code from magazines just to create a spreadsheet or a "Pong type game" - Debugging the code was a great learning tool. - Just saying