My book color only shows 5gb drive?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I thought all nc's were 8gb? Does it really partition 3gb for system?

this post brought to you by AndroidTablets.net app

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
The NC has an 8GB internal storage (SD chip) and it is partitioned this way:
-5GB partition used about for active android OS, installed apps, and your stuff (1GB is dedicated for installed app space)
-3GB hidden partition for stock recovery utility and stock restore images

Someone correct me if this is not exactly right.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
The NC has an 8GB internal storage (SD chip) and it is partitioned this way:
-5GB partition used about for active android OS, installed apps, and your stuff (1GB is dedicated for installed app space)
-3GB hidden partition for stock recovery utility and stock restore images

Someone correct me if this is not exactly right.

I figured that was the idea, i am just surprised the recovery partition was that big. Especially when every sales rep preaches how the Nook has 8gb of storage. Which it doesn't really. Just making sure I didn't have a funny root or something going on.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I figured that was the idea, i am just surprised the recovery partition was that big. Especially when every sales rep preaches how the Nook has 8gb of storage. Which it doesn't really. Just making sure I didn't have a funny root or something going on.

Well they are telling the truth and 8gb is technically correct. :)

My hd on my pc was sold to me as 640 Gb but all I can use is 596 Gb, I feel robbed!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Well they are telling the truth and 8gb is technically correct. :)

My hd on my pc was sold to me as 640 Gb but all I can use is 596 Gb, I feel robbed!

Oh I am very aware of the rounding game manufacturers play... thats cool with me because I understand the math behind it. But the Nook shouldn't be advertised as 8gb of storage when 38% of that is inaccessible. Now, I am perfectly fine with this hard built "feature" that will always allow me to reset the NC back to factory no matter what I root/flash/screwup on my own. :)