Need help downloading from android web to tablet

DCupp10

Dec 15, 2011
I just purchased an ematic tablet with android 2.2, when i go to the android app website to download it keeps telling me I can not download b/c I do not have an android telephone number. How do I download without this? I shouldn't need a telephone number to download right?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I assume you mean the Google Market website. You should be able to log in with your gmail account. Really though you should be accessing the Market through the Market app on the tablet. I'm not sure if the Google Market is supported on your particular tablet. Another option is to try the Amazon App Store if not. again you need to access this through your tablet.

Go to Amazon enter your email address. Open that email from on the tablet an click the link. Download and install the Market and then launch the app to go to the App Store.

Edit: After a quick search here it appears this question has already been asked multiple times and that your device does not support Google Market by default. You can see if Amazon might work or you can down load the .apk files and side load.

Last edited:

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
I assume you mean the Google Market website. You should be able to log in with your gmail account. Really though you should be accessing the Market through the Market app on the tablet. I'm not sure if the Google Market is supported on your particular tablet. Another option is to try the Amazon App Store if not. again you need to access this through your tablet.

Go to Amazon enter your email address. Open that email from on the tablet an click the link. Download and install the Market and then launch the app to go to the App Store.

Edit: After a quick search here it appears this question has already been asked multiple times and that your device does not support Google Market by default. You can see if Amazon might work or you can down load the .apk files and side load.

I haven't had much luck with the side load technique, but i had no idea that amazon had a way to install it. that will be helpful in the future for sure when i'm playing with the next tablet. (if it doesn't already have it pre-loaded)