Need help with microsoft office formats and PDFs!

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by Spen, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Spen

Spen Member

I just got a Motorola Xoom, and I'm looking for some apps.

I need app(s) that can allow me to edit PDF's, kinda like adobe PDF on the computer. I also need a app that will allow me to edit microsoft office formats. I need to be able to view/edit .xls, and other microsoft formats.

Also, is there a app that will allow me to print on my home printer, connected to a printer? Atlas, the printer is not wireless.

And for the last question, what's the best site to look up android apps online?

2. gurgle

gurgle Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    Editing Office Apps for even Docx, XLSx is possible. There are a couple of choices out there. BUT, there is not a PDF editor available yet. The issues would not be impossible to tackle, but the built in differences and DRM of some PDF formats make editing impossible. ie, a JPG rendered into a PDF is not editable.
    I use QuickOffice HD, but you should find the one which meets your needs.
    The most important thing to remember Android is a different OS and Microsoft Office is proprietary.

3. bclinger

bclinger Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer A500
    I use Documents To Go. As for printing, wireless is painless. Have you looked at Chrome? A bit of research about the Chrome browser and mobile printing might point you in the right direction.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk