New and need help!!

newtablet2011

Dec 22, 2011
Hi everybody,
hopefully someone can help me,

I have purchased a fairly cheap generic tablet from http://www.tabletcomputersdirect.com - 7" VIA WM865O Mid Tablet.

It is for a young child so specification etc wasn't a big issue but I have two fairly big problems. First I need to be within 6 feet max of the wireless router for the tablet to receive a wi-fi signal & perhaps more importantly when I go to the Android marketplace icon it requires me to create a account which I then do but when I then hit the tab to do this I get a message appear saying "cannot create account". I have read some tablets do not have the licence for the app which as long as I can find another way of installing apps is no big deal but I have since tried AppsLib also & this says "device not compatible" It is running 2.2 froyo. Any help is much appreciated.

SciTeach

Dec 22, 2011
Sounds like your in the same boat as me. The market icon on there isn't the "real Android market" but a chinese one. I have tried the same thing as making an account at android market and it still doesnt work. From what I have gathered from reading many posts, I think we have to flash the rom to something better. That will allow us to install the real android market as well as other apps. Im still reading more about what to do as there are many different procedures from many different people, and evidently if you choose the wrong one you "brick it" or basically make it into a nice square coaster.

If I find anything more out I will send you some info.