New Firmware needed for 8 inches IMX515 Generic Chinsese Android 2.2 Tablet

Raza_Ali

Nov 20, 2010
I have a Freescale IMX515 8 inches Generic Chinese Android 2.2 Tablet. Somehow I found the keyboard to be quite unresponsiveness and shakiness of icons. It has flash player 10.1 installed yet some flash files are played while some are not.

Is there new firmware for this device. If yes, where can I find that and whats the easy process of step by step upgrading the firmware to get rid of the problems

b1ackb1rd

Jan 1, 2011
I have one of these tablets, I am very impressed.
I installed the flash upgrade from market then used Titanium app and removed the chinese stuff.
I use an old palm vx stylus cos i have big fingers and it works really well for me

alareth1976

Dec 26, 2010
I have one of these tablets, I am very impressed.
I installed the flash upgrade from market then used Titanium app and removed the chinese stuff.
I use an old palm vx stylus cos i have big fingers and it works really well for me

I'm not able to do the same thing!!!
every time I get an error trying to upgrade Flash player...
Did you have followed a particular procedure?!

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
I have a Freescale IMX515 8 inches Generic Chinese Android 2.2 Tablet. Somehow I found the keyboard to be quite unresponsiveness and shakiness of icons. It has flash player 10.1 installed yet some flash files are played while some are not.

Is there new firmware for this device. If yes, where can I find that and whats the easy process of step by step upgrading the firmware to get rid of the problems

Yes fix for shaking icons at Merrimobile.com

marius

Dec 25, 2010
Hi. An alternative flash can be found here: (all likns have http before '//')
//docs.google.com/uc?id=0B96pdh3MCBWgNDJhMTIxNTktNmE3Yi00MjI4LThjNzQtODkzNDc0MzAyZTc3&export=download&authkey=CL3ljLoG&hl=en

-It claimed that the firmware fixes the touch, but it did not. Is a little little better but still sucks.
-Also is said that if the touch stays away from LCD approx 1 inch the touch works. This is false.
-Also it said that if a wire is soldered from the negative of the batery to the LCD metalic screen touch is better. This is false too.

I did it the cowboy way (I even broke my touch screen and I bought another new one for 19$) .. so after another 2 weeks, Here is I just did

I dismembered the tablet. Find appropriate method for your 'crap' on youtube, mine is all plastic 8 inch 2.2 black arm imx_bbg* 800 Mhz. (if you use the method that forces the screen glue use a hair-dryer to soften the glue) (youtube.com/watch?v=a2w6F0kdu20&feature=related)
Get the sd card out. Use USB Image Tool.exe (do a search). Save the old image.
Burn the new one. Put the card back. Still sucks. If you need the above files I can post a link where I put both the tool and the image.

Meanwhile I am trying to hack the EventHub.cpp not the driver, but the noise touch is almost impossible to integrate or flattern. I am still trying and if I have some results I will post them.

Last edited:

jubigret

Jan 8, 2011
Hi. An alternative flash can be found here: (all likns have http before '//')
//docs.google.com/uc?id=0B96pdh3MCBWgNDJhMTIxNTktNmE3Yi00MjI4LThjNzQ tODkzNDc0MzAyZTc3&export=download&authkey=CL3ljLoG &hl=en
Marius, I cannot get this link to work...

Yes fix for shaking icons at Merrimobile.com
I also cannot find this fix on the merimobilesforum.com, do you know what section I can look under?

I'm pretty sure that the Apad that i received yesterday (from ecargoonline) has the latest firmware, I just want to see if I can get the screen to react better.
I have the 8" Freescale IMX515 cortex a8 with 2.2.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Screenshake is more of a hardware issue, it seems. There is a partial fix out there, but since users have mixed results, I don't think it solves anything.