8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet - Freescale Cortex-A8 (Generic)

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
Several days ago, Nowsupplier launched the first Android 2.2 tablet to meet the urgent expectations in the market. To bring the Android market into a further booming stage, Nowsupplier initially unveiled the first 8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet.This tablet boasts unique features: 800 MHz ARM Cortex-A8 Freescale i.MX515; 512MB Ram, Built-in 4G Nand Flash; support Flash Player 10.1; Android 2.2;...

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
This looks exactly like the one from euogo.com. Can you let me know whether the card reader for SD card is working in your version? This is because euogo.com one has a slot but the hardware is missing. Also can I use 3G usb modem with this device? Thanks.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
The SD card can work on Android 2.2 tablet. As for 3G usb modem, this would depend on the format of the modem and the network standard of local carrier. This tablet is compatible with general network.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Hi NowSupplier, I like this one. Thanks for the confirmation that the SD card can work. The problem now is I read that NowSupplier is not a reputable seller. One such website that state this is: http://www.nowsupplier.info/. If I order from you, how can I be sure that I can receive the product, please? Thanks.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
Hi, Charmed_Empress, I checked the problem you mentioned and I found it's not true. I checked the page and found that there is not any service history about that customer in our system. I don't know where this page come from, and the "customer" didn't mention anything about the product he or she ordered, or the track number from our system. So, obviously,this problem doesn't true. Please don't be puzzled.

Oct 11, 2010
Hi,

Wonderful. Can you really confirm that the SD Card slot is working. Euogo said the slot is there, but the hardware is not present.

If I order from you, when I can receive it, please?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Note to all: In order to avoid a slagging/Firestorm/trolling event. Please avoid negative comments unless actual personal experience. There are many anti-(Insert Company name) sites. Charmed_Express asked a fair question and was answered. Unless there is personal proof or experience, do not question capability or availability.

There is a another thread now running about about delivery and capability for a different vendor. This is a fair topic as long as it does not collapse into an insult exchange.

Now back to your regular programming.

Chucant

Oct 11, 2010
I am virtually new to Android and Tablet PC. I have spent weeks trying to find the right one that will not disappoint me on the road...at least one that can meet my work and entertainment needs...to the point that I was ready to get a 7inch and 10inch, a telechip and a Rockchip. This 8inch came highly recommended just yesterday...but it was so heart breaking to here that the sd does not work. I need so much memory and counted on using that space to expand the memory...again I do not know much about these things. So...I will really appreciate it if someone can confirm it works and also point us to a reliable source to buy it. Also - what is the max memory or HDD?

Thanks...

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I've been gathering information for this tablet for the last few weeks. I'll be getting info about this directly from the manufacturer to put in a news article sometime this week.

irishpride

May 3, 2010
So, is there any kind of real confirmation that the sd card works.

Also, does this have a capacitive or resistive touch screen? Having no capacitive will be a deal breaker for most.

Sent from my Galaxy S

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
So, is there any kind of real confirmation that the sd card works.

Also, does this have a capacitive or resistive touch screen? Having no capacitive will be a deal breaker for most.

Sent from my Galaxy S

Givin the $250 price point and after reading the article it is a resistive touch screen, for what your getting on paper its still a good deal, all depends on execution though

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Resistive touchscreen

With regards to the accusations of Nowsupplier being a scam, I have had no first-hand experience shopping with them, so I can't be sure of the accusations. However, I have had direct contact with the supplier, and he has been receptive to my inquiries so far. If you have an issue with them, maybe you can take this opportunity to resolve it this time.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
Thanks,guys! Well, as the question about sd card of 8'' Android 2.2 tablet, there is TF /MINI SD Card slot on the tablet. For SD card, you can read your infor. by a Card Reader. There is High-speed USB2.0 for mainstream card reader in the market. It also has 3G and GPS.

Oct 11, 2010
Thanks,guys! Well, as the question about sd card of 8'' Android 2.2 tablet, there is TF /MINI SD Card slot on the tablet. For SD card, you can read your infor. by a Card Reader. There is High-speed USB2.0 for mainstream card reader in the market. It also has 3G and GPS.

I didn't see 3G and GPS listed under the specification of this tablet. Isn't the GPS is for A81E? You mean this one has 3G and GPS too? Yippie.