New to the group

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by monica428, Dec 30, 2012.

1. monica428

monica428 Member

Tablet / Device:
    wm8850-mid
    Hello Everyone.

I am a new marketing professional for a local B2B company. Although I love my job, I have other interests, such as being an author. I figured that for $60, I could get a cheap, Chinese tablet in order to write my book(s). I actually ended up buying two of them. However, I soon discovered that the spell check does not work on it because a dictionary is not installed. I have read several forums that say to download the LatinImeGoogle.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk into the system/app file after I have downloaded them onto my sd card. However, it continually says that the "operation failed," which puts me in a pickle. I do not know much about rooting, debugging, or hacking into anything, but especially not tablets. I currently have two Andriod tablets. One of the is model number WM8850-mid. The other is at work, so I cannot get you the information at the moment. They are both running ice cream sandwich. I also have a Galaxy S3 phone. <3 The WM8850-mid tablet also has a problem freezing.

To get an understanding of where I am located, I'm in Florida, USA.

I would love if someone could help me or at least point me in the right direction. Remember, I need VERY clear instructions on what to do to fix these cheap tablets. Thank you!

2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Xoom / HP Touchpad / Samsung Galaxy / Viewsonic gTablet
    Welcome aboard!

3. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hello Monica, congratulations on your new tablets and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!