New To Using Zeki Quad Core 7" Tablet

DebbyJS

Sep 28, 2019
Hi! I am new to using my Zeki Quad Core 7" tablet, which a friend gave to us. To begin with - here are a few questions:
(1) How do I get our neighbor's name off the tablet (if required in order for me to be able to logon to sites, like google chrome). And how to I put my name in it instead?
(2) My google chrome password contains an aterisk. But I can't find an aterisk in my keyboard in the pad. Do I need to change my google chrome password, in order to be able to logon to my Zeki tablet?
(3) I don't know what is the model number of my my Zeki Quad Core 7" tablet. How do I find out what it is?
(4) What I should when I get the error message of "I'm sorry, but Google has to shut down." How can this problem be fixed?

If you can answer any of these questions, I will be thankful!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
  1. Make sure to have the former owner's Google account information, as you will need it, and then factory reset the tablet in Settings.
  2. The Google Keyboard by default doesn't display symbols above its keys, which to me is a minor flaw in an otherwise excellent product. The keyboard can be set to display the symbols, but the ?123 key to the left of the spacebar will also allow you to access them. You'll find the asterisk there.
  3. Settings > About Tablet
  4. More details are needed here, as that is not a standard Android error message, at least not one I'm aware of.

DebbyJS

Sep 28, 2019
Hi! I am new to using my Zeki Quad Core 7" tablet, which a friend gave to us. To begin with - here are a few questions:
(1) How do I get our neighbor's name off the tablet (if required in order for me to be able to logon to sites, like google chrome). And how to I put my name in it instead?
(2) My google chrome password contains an aterisk. But I can't find an aterisk in my keyboard in the pad. Do I need to change my google chrome password, in order to be able to logon to my Zeki tablet?
(3) I don't know what is the model number of my my Zeki Quad Core 7" tablet. How do I find out what it is?
(4) What I should when I get the error message of "I'm sorry, but Google has to shut down." How can this problem be fixed?

If you can answer any of these questions, I will be thankful!

DebbyJS

Sep 28, 2019
Thank you very much! But I don't see where the option is for doing the factory restore on it. Our neighbor had his email account on our Zeki tablet. Does this mean he is the one who needs to supply his logon information before I can do the factory restore? Here is what icons I see when I first turn on the Zeki tablet: Settings, Chrome, Gallery,Camera and Browser.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Settings > Backup & Reset is where you will find the factory reset option. A more annoying alternative is to access the device's recovery partition* and perform the factory reset from there. Your neighbor is the one who will need to provide his information so you can successfully reset the tablet, otherwise Google's Factory Reset Protection will kick in and render the tablet unusable until that information is supplied.

*Shut down the tablet, then press power and volume up at the same time to access. May vary between devices.