New: Vizio 1008 needing flash player, cant't get ti....

sorcerer1055

Dec 13, 2011
Hello sorcerer1055
How would I download and install to the tablet. Look for it on the tablet and install that way? This is my fist tablet. I was shooting for the Zenithink C91 ZT-280 and thought Id try this one first. Everyone that i've talked to recommended the Zenithink C91 ZT-280. Thanks for you advise.......Eddie

honestly can't remember the exact site, but google "Abobe flash apk" with your browser. (incidentally, dolphin browser makes downloading and running files really easy) download the file then look for it in your downloads directory. click on it and let it run. (be sure that you've allowed for "unknown sources" downloads in the applications settings menu.) Flash 11 seems to run just fine, even though the market version says it doesn't, but you can find 10.3.

another alternative, if you don't already have too many apps installed, is to do a factory reset in the security settings menu. it will erase all your data and apps, but it seems to bring with it 10.3 (it actually erased my 11.1 download)

hope this helps...

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
I find it suspect that you say that Flash isn't installed on your vtab. You need to go to Settings|Applications|Manage Applications to check for flash. It is version 10.3. I know Firefox will report that you don't have flash installed even if you do. If someone uninstalled Flash from your tablet, then you might get it back by going Settings|Privacy|Factory data reset, but you probably want to install Mybackup and back your vtab to a micro SD card before you do that.

Well, it is good to see I am not the only guy having flash problems. 10.3 is in the system and can not basically be removed. I tried. People here have side loaded 11.1 but I can see no reason to bother. I would reset the tab to factory and it should just show up. Funny, Flash keeps trying to upgrade the 10.3 to 11 every so often and everytime the note comes up Flash 11 not compatable with this device.

Why the hell doesn't vizio fix this obvious bug????

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Why the hell doesn't vizio fix this obvious bug????

It may not be a Vizio bug. More often than not these types of bugs are app related. Adobe or Google probably needs to fix the app settings in the market to recognize the VTab.

dsmmrm

Jan 12, 2012
The latest is now 11.1.111.8. Apparently it came out yesterday or so it appears. It runs fine on my vtab (non-rooted honeycomb).

If you google that version number you should be able to find the apk. The easiest way to sideload it is to download it on a pc, email it to your gmail account and open the email from the tablet. Open the attachment and it will prompt you to install. it will remove any previous version.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
The latest is now 11.1.111.8. Apparently it came out yesterday or so it appears. It runs fine on my vtab (non-rooted honeycomb).

If you google that version number you should be able to find the apk. The easiest way to sideload it is to download it on a pc, email it to your gmail account and open the email from the tablet. Open the attachment and it will prompt you to install. it will remove any previous version.

Thank you thank you. I have been messing with this for weeks and your email suggestion worked!!!! You should mention that you will be asked to open in in package installer or download. Download it and then click on it and it installs. MAGIC!

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Now I have Sirius playing since I got Flash 11! The sirius player is a little slow, but it works. Thanks again