Newbie With Questions

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
I just received my MID7022, and have to admit it's an impressive piece of equipment for the price. I do have a few questions that I hope can be answered here.
  1. I am unable to see files I have placed on my 8GB microSD card. I use ES File Explorer, and it seems to indicate that it is looking at the SD card, but files that I know are on the card don't appear. Is there a problem? Should I return this unit?
  2. I have performed a factory reset a number of times, and there seem to be items left behind. Is this normal? I can delete them after the tablet restarts.
  3. What are the NAND settings? What would happen if I Unmount and Erase NAND? Might this solve some of the issues I am having?
  4. There are some menu items that appear to be cell phone specific and do not function on the tablet. I assume that this is normal.
I have installed Android Market, and it seems to be working perfectly. Any help/hints/tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Steve, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice to have you as a member. You're in the right section, someone there should be able to help with your questions. Good luck!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I just received my MID7022, and have to admit it's an impressive piece of equipment for the price. I do have a few questions that I hope can be answered here.
  1. I am unable to see files I have placed on my 8GB microSD card. I use ES File Explorer, and it seems to indicate that it is looking at the SD card, but files that I know are on the card don't appear. Is there a problem? Should I return this unit?
  2. I have performed a factory reset a number of times, and there seem to be items left behind. Is this normal? I can delete them after the tablet restarts.
  3. What are the NAND settings? What would happen if I Unmount and Erase NAND? Might this solve some of the issues I am having?
  4. There are some menu items that appear to be cell phone specific and do not function on the tablet. I assume that this is normal.
I have installed Android Market, and it seems to be working perfectly. Any help/hints/tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Congrats on your new gadget. ;)

1. Go to "extsd" folder (/extsd or /mnt/extsd), at least this is how it works on MIDx024 models
2. I never used 7022, and it has a different firmware/CPU than mine (MID1024), but I think you should be able to wipe the data partition completely. If it's not under warranty anymore then you may want to install ClockWorkMod, it has this function AFAIK.
3. The real NAND is where system files are saved (again, it's how it works in MIDx024 at least), the NAND shown in settings is actually the "data" partition of the system, not available to users normally, where apks and programa data are installed/saved.
4. Normal, Android 2.2 and 2.3 are meant for phones, only HoneyComb and Ice Cream Sandwich are meant for tablets too.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
1. SD card files are found under the tflash (sdcard/tflash) folder.
2. Factory reset does not delete everything. Should keep nand saved files in place as it fucntions as sd card... \
3. DO NOT erase/unmount the nand. System points this as the sd card and unless you modify files then you will mess up a lot of things. (apps 2 sd are moved here, etc, browser cache, etc)
4. Normal.