Newly Rooted NC V1.2

tmayhugh

Jun 14, 2011
I have recently rooted my Nook V 1.2 with Manual Nooter 4.5.6. I did this primarily to gain access to a new web browser such as Dolphin and to SetCpu. However, I can not get access to either on the market. Even in landscape mode the apps do not show up or can not be located with a search. I love the form factor of the Nook but the performance in the browser needs improvement. Can you help?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
These instructions appear at the end of the Manualnooter instructions and they worked for me:

1. Start Nook Color Tools.
  2. Select the "All Settings" button.
  3. Unplug your NOOKcolor from computer. (If Plugged in.)
  4. Choose "Manage Applications" from the list.
  5. Select the "All" tab.
  6. Scroll down to "Market" and select it.
  7. Tap "Force stop".
  8. Tap "Clear cache".
  9. Tap the Back button if you have SoftKeys running, else swipe right to left on the status bar at the bottom of the screen (from the clock to the book icon).
  10. Scroll up to "Google Services Framework" and select it.
  11. Tap "Clear data".
  12. Tap "OK".
  13. Tap "Force stop".
  14. Press the n button to return to your launcher.
  15. Start Market.
  16. At the "An error has occurred" message, tap "OK".
  17. Hold your power button to turn off your NOOK Color from the menu.
  18. Turn your NOOK Color back on and give it a moment to find your WiFi connection.
  19. Start Market again, and the problem is resolved.
Good luck!

Sep 24, 2010
I recently rooted my NC (Certified Pre-Owned) w/ manualnooter-4-6-16.zip. Any time I try to install something from the market place it would reboot. The above solution worked. Thx

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tmayhugh, don' t keep us here waiting with bated breaths ( thank you EXtreme Rhyno) for the expression) for you to tell us if you succeded or not....it' s like a story we no ending...please!Gloria

Last edited: