NFS: Shift

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum' started by PureDigital, May 13, 2011.

1. PureDigital

PureDigital Member

Just tryed the Shift game pre-installed. Is it me or is it very very slow? Feels like your driving in slow motion.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

2. ceramicsaturn

ceramicsaturn Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color

Yea, it is really slow. It's not the framerate either, it's just a slow game. Also, the environments are really boring. I mean, it's the same cityscape .. every level. I want a game like Real Racing on iOS for the Android. This effort by EA is just embarrassing. Also, for a game about "feeling like you're in the car", there's absolutely no damage or disorientation when you hit anything at all. Furthermore, I still cant understand why you move at the speed of a snail when you drive on the sidewalk, which is pavement, and is on the same level as the road. It feels like I'm driving in grass if my tires even barely creep ontop of that area of the street.

If you want a good racer, the Jet Stunt w/e it's called game is fantastic. Also, the Bang Bang racing looks like it'll be fun ...whenever it bothers to be released...

3. PureDigital

PureDigital Member

I just tryed it again, nothing like driving in molasses. Not even close to any iOS game.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

4. Therev1969

Therev1969 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500 Tablet
    I just payed the game on my Acer A500 and my Ipad 1.
    They seemed to run at the same speed for me. I changed the default camera view to in front of car, and that made the driving more immediate for me.

My 2 cents...

Last edited: May 20, 2011