Nook app help!!

ops8888

May 28, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am running TnT Harmony and I tried to download the new NOOK app for tablets and it tells me it does not support my platform. What ROM are you all running that will support NOOK for Android tablet so I can get the color magazines?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Debbie

easwaim

May 22, 2011
well does it even let you get to the login screen? Because i just downloaded it and i dont have an account so i dident login. but in am running Honeycomb Illumniate or however you spell it im a bad speller sorry

ops8888

May 28, 2011
well does it even let you get to the login screen? Because i just downloaded it and i dont have an account so i dident login. but in am running Honeycomb Illumniate or however you spell it im a bad speller sorry

Thanks for the answer! I will check out your ROM. No I can't get to the login...it would not even let me download it. I will keep trying though!!

easwaim

May 22, 2011
Your welcome and make sure you know what bootloader your on if you would want to switch to the same rom as me but they have a honeycomb for 1.1BL

ops8888

May 28, 2011
The Nook app CAN NOT read magazines. Only the Nookcolor itself.

Nook recently released the app for Android tablets. I would assume that magazines would be able to be read on that platform. Either way I would still like the option of being able to read my books on my tablet as well as my regular nook. Any suggestions?

Debbie

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Debbie,

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the 'nook for android' app. It installed. Upon opening the app, it asked to either log in B&N account or set up a new free account. I followed the new account creation process, then the app opened a new window where I could browse and select books, newspapers, magazines, etc . . . I browsed newspapers and magazines and did a free 14 days subscription on usa today. All worked well.

The rom that I have been using for weeks, perhaps months, is Beasty 2.2.1 + Clemsyn combo. This rom is based on Froyo and 1.2 bootloader. Rom's that were based on Froyo is more complete than Gingerbread or HC. There are several other Froyo based rom's, some are on 1.1, others are on 1.2. Check around and you may find the rom that works for you.

Dave

Last edited:

ops8888

May 28, 2011
Hi Dave,

After messing around a little more and getting the Market finally up and running I was able to download Nook. I am able to see not only my books but I tried a magazine and was able to read it!!! I am a very happy camper!! I am going to look at some of these other ROMs. Being a newbie as I am, I am just proud I have gotten as far as I have without bricking my tablet!! I plan on continuing to learn more and hopefully get get this tablet to where I want it!!

Thank you for your advice! I am sure I will be asking for more!!

Debbie

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
They must have done an update in the last month or 2 then because in May you could not read magazines.

ops8888

May 28, 2011
They must have done an update in the last month or 2 then because in May you could not read magazines.

From what I have been reading it was updated in mid May. Also I have found that not all of the magazines are available for Androind tablets yet. :( Hopefully they will get them caught up soon.

Debbie