NOOKcolor Owners thread

jettadroid

Feb 6, 2011
$11-02-17-2.png

here is my current home page -

JimDantin

Feb 3, 2011
New owner here -- bought the NC after researching other tablets and experimenting with a 10.2" china clone that was just too big. The support and techniques posted here made me very comfortable in rooting the NC within 1 hour of buying it! Being an Android noob, the little things are what hung me up -- like the fact that I really needed a Launcher before i could properly use all the apps I downloaded!

Along with all the usual apps, I installed ADW Launcher, Home Switcher, Titanium Backup Pro, SQLite Editor, and Root Explorer. I haven't needed to do anything through the ADB interface (yet).

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
:cool:Thanks Darmeen, just tried a little phiremod lovin'. It was fun for about half an hour till I flashed the oc kernal & then nothing but fc,fc,fc....:confused: Oh well I have grown patient in my old(er) age and will wait for a nice stable, flashable CM7. Presently restoring to my original rooted state. Chees, LS.

Hey just saw this post. Only certain kernels will work with phiremod beta2. There are 2 froyo kernels that work with it, the 1.1ghz froyo one works the best IMO.

marcv

Feb 20, 2011
Hi, I'm Marc.
I bought a Kindle but couldn't read at night without a stupid light:(
So I bought a Nook Color, rooted it, did the ADB thing and now I'm happy.
this forum has taught me a lot.

thanks.

$11-02-24-1.png

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome marcv, besides the light, you now have a much more capable device than a kindle :) I like the moon phase widget.

miss_october

Feb 12, 2011
Im new to the nook. Had it about a week, is there a way to get flash player working? I autonootered on 1.1. Im a noob to rooting and such too but instructions were easy to follow.
Youtube doesn't seem to work either but no big deal. I thought of ging froyo or bc but not sure the difference. Anyone got advice for me?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Im new to the nook. Had it about a week, is there a way to get flash player working? I autonootered on 1.1. Im a noob to rooting and such too but instructions were easy to follow.
Youtube doesn't seem to work either but no big deal. I thought of ging froyo or bc but not sure the difference. Anyone got advice for me?

Flash video will only work with 2.2+, so you need a froyo or gingerbread rom. I would say phiremod beta 2 is the most stable rom now with flash. Installing a custom rom is different than autonootering, so ask us with questions.

Youtube should work if you sign out of your account.

marcv

Feb 20, 2011
Welcome marcv, besides the light, you now have a much more capable device than a kindle :) I like the moon phase widget.

Thanks, it's called Deluxe Moon.
The best part is that I can still read my Kindle books (I have a couple) on my Nook. The best of both worlds.

miss_october

Feb 12, 2011
This was meant in response to stelv's answer to my earlier post

I had put froyo on sd card and it loaded fine, however i didn't figure out how to get flash player installed. Also is there a guide on using froyo around. I am just getting used to android system so any helpfull reading on navigating would be great as well. One more thing, i had installed an apk for the market to display more apps on autonooter and its great but was unable to figure it out on froyo. Any ideas

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
This was meant in response to stelv's answer to my earlier post

I had put froyo on sd card and it loaded fine, however i didn't figure out how to get flash player installed. Also is there a guide on using froyo around. I am just getting used to android system so any helpfull reading on navigating would be great as well. One more thing, i had installed an apk for the market to display more apps on autonooter and its great but was unable to figure it out on froyo. Any ideas

I am running a flashable custom rom that I installed internally through cwr. I am not running froyo off sdcard and i would not recommend it. If you are running it off sdcard and do something to internal memory it may cause errors.

For froyo I would recommend phiremod the beta 2 version, as everything including flash player works. There is a problem with apps not showing in market though. You need to Google or find certain apks and sideload them.

Flash player should show up in market. You may need to uninstall and reinstall it a couple times for it to work. Also make sure your web browser is set to allow flash.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

robsonline

Feb 8, 2011
I have had my NC for 3 weeks, and I am really loving it. My son liked mine so much that he bought one too. I also really appreciate this forum. Lots of great info. Thanks to all! :)

$11-02-26-8.jpg

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I haven't had a screenshot app work since I switched to CM7 nightlies but I thought I would share my current layout nonetheless. Had to go old school. Well If you count my 5 year old Nikon and a little Picnik magic old-school. Either way here it is...
Lock-screen
DSC_0043.JPG

Home
DSC_0046.JPG

:cool: