NOOKcolor Owners thread

poofyhairguy

Mar 2, 2011
I have had my Nook Color for a week and I love it. I blew away the default OS within an hour of opening it as I wasn't really impressed by the stock system. I don't really read books anyway.

I am loving dual booting Froyo and Honeycomb, of which I use Froyo as my daily driver as it has video support. I also am using status bar soft keys thanks to a to the Nook Froyo Clean theme of wretchedlocket. Overall I think Froyo is a pretty decent Tablet OS once tweaked.

I love the community built around the device, and I hope that ebay deal brings in more users and developers. The more the better!!

Last edited:

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
thanks rico! yeh the NC is on the way up even after the release of xoom and the imminent announcement of ipad 2 around the corner!

you have to log in to ebay but look at how its selling like pancakes lol
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p4340.l2564&item=290535929095

hey poofy, i assume ur dual booting with froyo flashed to eMMC and honeycomb image burned on the microSD? mind telling me what rom you are using for froyo and is it smooth? im planning to only flash if it is smooth, otherwise might just run it off a class 6 microSD. also how are you running clockwork mod recover? via microsd or flashed? cheers

poofyhairguy

Mar 2, 2011
No I am dual booting with both flashed to the eMMC and both overclocked to 1.1GHz. The Froyo I am using is Customized Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 CWR for eMMC, and for me its been really great.

BoloMKXXVIII

Jul 27, 2010
poofyhairguy ,

Don't count the Nook out as a e-reader. It is excellent in that role and might just get you into the habit. Best of all, you don't have to decide tablet or e-reader!

vico512

Mar 2, 2011
Hello to the gang. New owner. I can't post a screen shot yet, since I just ordered the NC yesterday, via the EBay smokin' hot deal. Should be here Monday.

Lots of good info here. I presently own an unrooted original Motorola Droid, so the rooting experience will be an adventure.

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
62c14145-e3d1-8f92.jpg

Took about 5 minutes to root once i got the software downloaded yesterday. Surprisingly, burned the card in my phone and it worked like a charm. Thanks for a great forum guys. Hope to stick around a while.
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
No screenie yet. I want it to look GOOD before I start posting it up. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my 16g SD card. No matter. Already loving the NC!!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
62c14145-e3d1-8f92.jpg

Took about 5 minutes to root once i got the software downloaded yesterday. Surprisingly, burned the card in my phone and it worked like a charm. Thanks for a great forum guys. Hope to stick around a while.
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Welcome to the forum. You used your phone to burn the nooter image? Did u use terminal or something?

sent from my rooted nook color

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Actually Steve...I know that at least one other member (other than myself) have used their Samsung Impression to burn the rooting image...the phone just had to be set as a USB Mass Storage device.

Of course the Impression is only a feature phone, I think that a smartphone may be 'too smart' for its own good when it comes to stuff like this...but I wouldn't quote me on that part.

It was a risk I just 'had' to take...I wanted to root so bad! LOL I have certainly found patience since then!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Oh ok. Makes sense. I was not familiar with the process of using a phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
But rico, the Impression is not an android phone...

xfeejayx did not say what phone they used. Since we use winimage and such to burn, I don't see why it matter what phone you have or what os it runs. Any phone with an add-on sd mounted card can be mounted to pc. If winimage and such can see it, it can format and burn it. Just my thinking.

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
You're right. The Windows should consider it as USB Mass Storage Device.