Onda VI10 Elite USB Host problem

Campbell13

Mar 21, 2013
Hi There

i bout a OTG cable for my Onda VI10 Elite and connected a flash drive but nothing happened.
So i downloaded Host apps and mounting apps off the Play Store, but nothing worked.
One of the apps did say "S3C USB host driver not found"
So i updatd my firmware from the 4.0.3 ICS to the 4.1.1 JellyBean but this also did not help.

Can anybody help me??
I am extremely frustrated now with this problem

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Campbell13 and welcome. Can you tell me what apps you used to interface with the tablet? Also are you sure you got a genuine OTG cable? To help you I personally use Nexus Media Importer and it works fine on my Nexus 7 (Nexus name is just a coincidence). Have you tried it? You should also try the OTG on another tablet to see if there's any difference. Good luck!

Campbell13

Mar 21, 2013
Hi Campbell13 and welcome. Can you tell me what apps you used to interface with the tablet? Also are you sure you got a genuine OTG cable? To help you I personally use Nexus Media Importer and it works fine on my Nexus 7 (Nexus name is just a coincidence). Have you tried it? You should also try the OTG on another tablet to see if there's any difference. Good luck!

Hi Rowdyeh, I have been trying to use quite a few like NTFS MOUNT, DEVICE MANAGER, DRIVE DROID and a few others.
All the searching i have done when they list the ONDA tablets that the OTG cable supports the VI10 is in the list, but other than that i cant see where it actually specifies that it supports OTG or USB HOST, so it is very strange, and the cable i bought said OTG on the packaging, Here is my Tablet i am talking about - http://www.**************/onda-vi10...android-4-0-3-1gb-ddr-3-8gb-nand-flash-tablet
I will try the Nexus Media Importer.