Onda VI10 Elite USB Host problem

Discussion in 'Onda Tablet Forum' started by Campbell13, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Campbell13

Campbell13 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Onda VI10 Elite
    Hi There

i bout a OTG cable for my Onda VI10 Elite and connected a flash drive but nothing happened.
    So i downloaded Host apps and mounting apps off the Play Store, but nothing worked.
    One of the apps did say "S3C USB host driver not found"
    So i updatd my firmware from the 4.0.3 ICS to the 4.1.1 JellyBean but this also did not help.

Can anybody help me??
    I am extremely frustrated now with this problem

2. Rowdyeh

Rowdyeh Member

Tablet / Device:
    Google Nexus 7
    Hi Campbell13 and welcome. Can you tell me what apps you used to interface with the tablet? Also are you sure you got a genuine OTG cable? To help you I personally use Nexus Media Importer and it works fine on my Nexus 7 (Nexus name is just a coincidence). Have you tried it? You should also try the OTG on another tablet to see if there's any difference. Good luck!

3. Campbell13

Campbell13 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Onda VI10 Elite
    Hi Rowdyeh, I have been trying to use quite a few like NTFS MOUNT, DEVICE MANAGER, DRIVE DROID and a few others.
    All the searching i have done when they list the ONDA tablets that the OTG cable supports the VI10 is in the list, but other than that i cant see where it actually specifies that it supports OTG or USB HOST, so it is very strange, and the cable i bought said OTG on the packaging, Here is my Tablet i am talking about - http://www.**************/onda-vi10...android-4-0-3-1gb-ddr-3-8gb-nand-flash-tablet
    I will try the Nexus Media Importer.