ono

onoski

May 26, 2012
well here I am with a tablet, and after using other peoples tablets can anybody tell me why i have to press like the beejesus on this tablet just to get the apps on the screen to move and not activate. was there supposed to be a pen stylis with the tablet and are the only directions you get really doesn't tell you much about the applications or how to hook up to yhe internet???

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi onoski, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

onoski

May 26, 2012
android 2.2 kernel 2.6.32.9 defalt what do you mean resistive or capacitive

J

jimbo7630

Touch screen is either Resistive or Capacitive (Capacitive can zoom by pinching i.e. two fingers moving together or apart)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Touch screen is either Resistive or Capacitive (Capacitive can zoom by pinching i.e. two fingers moving together or apart)
so can resisitive. what it actually means is capacitive is far more sensitive to your touch and as such much easier to use in most apps.
resistive needs pressure to be applied , this sounds like what you have. they are cheaper to manufacture therefore buy and make up the budget end of most tablets although capacitive tabs are now to be had for around £60/$100.
You can get any stylus to work (i actually paid 1penny to have a nintendo ds stylus sent from china which worked ok) but some may be better than others. on some tabs you can adjust this sensitivity by calibrating the screen touch (touch as lightly as possible when following directions during calibration) or thay may have a sensitivity level adjust in settings.