Opening WonderMedia MID physically?

EmperorNemisis

Sep 6, 2011
You have to carefully lift off the very thin plastic face plate. Once this is removed, you'll find four screws, each in a corner. Remove the screws and then very carefully pry a butter knife of some other thin but blunt object between the case and the screen. It has clips that you need to "un-pop", once this is done, the whole front plate will pop up and the back will come off. You will then have access to the processor board and the battery compartment from there. These will have to be removed to gain access to the lcd screen.

ahmady2205

Nov 5, 2011
I have a EKEN M009F model tablet and for some stupid reason, the MicroSD card got stuck into the microSd slot..then i try to pry it out for some reason it goes in deeper and now it is inside the tablet. My question, can i use the same technique to open up this tablet..

Thanks.

You have to carefully lift off the very thin plastic face plate. Once this is removed, you'll find four screws, each in a corner. Remove the screws and then very carefully pry a butter knife of some other thin but blunt object between the case and the screen. It has clips that you need to "un-pop", once this is done, the whole front plate will pop up and the back will come off. You will then have access to the processor board and the battery compartment from there. These will have to be removed to gain access to the lcd screen.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
You can, BUT, you may damage the MicroSD card. Follow the instructions up to the point where you start prying, and then just make sure you start prying up at the other end. The tabs are on the black plastic plate that you will be prying up on, and they snap into the gray / silver back. There are two on the ends and two at the top / bottom. They are nearer the middle than the ends. If you start prying up at the other end, hopefully you can lift there and then pull it away from your MicroSD slot to avoid breaking the card.

There are lots of youtube videos on this. I couldn't find my favorite today, but if you look at these two you should be able to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator: