Ouku Night

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
Lightinthebox has some contests and games on their facebook page for different things. I played one called deal or no deal where they give discounts in three rounds. This one was 50% off first round, 60% off second and 70% off 3rd round. I was one of the ones who won the code. I am not familiar with Ouku and was wondering if anybody here was. The coupon code gets it for me for @ $66.00, great deal. Product link: Ouku Night - Android 2.2 Tablet w/ 7 Inch Capacitive Touchscreen + WIFI + GPS + 3G - US$ 219.99. I will definitely be getting this and will do a review if anybody is interested. Has a good bit of features for the price.

Lukas_1902

Aug 9, 2011
I'm ordering it too, because I won the coupon =)

They released a video of it today: [video=youtube;mvQAw7dGs5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvQAw7dGs5M[/VIDEO[/video] looks pretty awesome for that price :D

Slightly out of content question: Did they already send you the coupon code?

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
They are gonna email all of them out Thursday. At that price it can't be beat.

kage814

Aug 19, 2011
I saw it on the internet. I liked it because it has the sim card slot so i can use it the same as my 3G phone. I got it in the mail yesterday and well... i guess simply putting in the sim card doesnt magically make it work like i thought. Ok so maybe i am naive but i wish there were instructions on how to unlock the sim card cause the phone wont dial, and in fact it even says sim NO RUIM CARD,which i interpret to be no SIM card. Another problem i have encountered is that it says to take it out of AIRPLANE MODE when it isnt IN airplane mode. As far as getting online through WiFi, THAT has been no problem, downloading apps, Great! Playing music and videos, i am pleased.. getting my email easy facebook... Way better than on my phone... Now if i can just make it work like my phone and be able to use my 3G to get online, there will not be one single thing that i wont like about this tablet

Last edited:

kage814

Aug 19, 2011
UpDATE::
OKAY..... just wanted to update my earlier post and say that I did finally figure out what the problem was.. I'll be curious to know if this happens to anyone else but all i had to do was sort of hold the SIM card down as the tablet was powering up. I guess it just wasnt being read by the system. Anyway, this time, instead of saying NO RUIM a completely different screen came up asking for a password. I simply typed 1234 and YAY... IT WORKS NOW

Sent from my TPC800W using Android Tablet Forum

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
Glad you figured that out, didn't see your post til now. My sim was inserted with no problems and came right up. Are you getting 3g speeds? I am on AT&T east coast and am only getting edge connections, where as my captivate gets Hspda constantly. Must be the bands. This is a fun little tablet.

kage814

Aug 19, 2011
Im on tmobile.. the plan i have with them is supposed to be unlimited web n text well ok maybe i really have unlimited web but it goes slower than SLOW once i use 10gb.. so that being said.... not yet (lol)

Sent from my TPC800W using Android Tablet Forum

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
I'm using mine as a carputer and it serves me well. GPS is strong on this thing, instant locks on really clear days and good reception on cloudy days. Pop in my sim and use as a handsfree phone. Mounted it to the window, might make a place for it in the dash. I really like the car home application as it is a nice touch when traveling.

Last edited:

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
I believe that version of flash on that website only works with gingerbread 2.3.3.

Garth

Aug 25, 2011
Question for you guys that already have one -- I noticed on the Lightinthebox webpage, they show a guy using earphones with a mike to use it as a phone. Is that necessary, or can you also just hold it up to your ear and talk into a built-in mike, like a regular phone?

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
The only other way is through conference call over speakers where everyone can hear. Otherwise, headphones.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Tablet Forum

Garth

Aug 25, 2011
Okay -- that works for me. Just didn't want to be completely dependent on earphones+mike that would surely get lost when you need them most.

Thanks for the info.

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
If you guys use the gps, it requires a mobile connection or wifi. I just put my sim in and go. Works great as a phone for handsfree.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Tablet Forum