Pandigital 7' White Novel eReader Won't Allow Firmware Update?

Discussion in 'Pandigital Novel White Firmware' started by Rinnie, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Rinnie

Rinnie Member

Tablet / Device:
    Pandigital 7' (White) Novel eReader
    I downloaded the firmware update on the website: Pandigital » Pandigital Novel / ANDROID Tablet Firmware Update
    When running it, I connect my digital novel to my PC and successfully do all the step it says in the next part, but then I get this error message.

$firmwareupdaterror.jpg

Why is this and how can I fix it so I'll be able to download the firmware update and get apps for the Pandigital Novel?

2. cybervigilante

cybervigilante Member

I have the same problem and it looks like the same notice, but with the black 7 in color,

I try to update the Pandigitial 7 in color and it says Could not load file or assembly. This is a newer update. the present browser really sux - can't see flash or html 5 so no video. And I can't seem to install other browers. How do I get this darn update to work? This is really discouraging and I sure won't buy a bigger model when updates don't work. I'm connected to a wifi PC that has win 7 and net 4 on a dual core latitude laptop. I wrote pandigital but I hear their customer service sux, so ATN is probably faster.

3. OVRKIL

OVRKIL Member

I am having the same issue with my white 7" novel. I have a desktop running win7 with a fresh install from 4 days ago with all the updates!!

$2011-12-08_190856.png

4. lilmizdiz

lilmizdiz Member

Tablet / Device:
    Pandigital Novel {White}
    I just got mine today as an early Christmas gift from my son. I am getting the exact same thing when I try updating the firmware. I have the Pandigital Novel in White. This is making me bonkers! I just need my apps!!!!:( So far looks like Pandigital is not going to like me too much :D

5. alleykatwill

alleykatwill Member

Tablet / Device:
    Pandigital Ereader 7''
    I had the same problem but after a call to customer support, I was told that my computer was missing Netframework 4.0. Your computer needs that app in order to run the download for the ereader. I was emailed the following by customer support and once I downloaded Netframework, updating was easy. I hope this helps....

Thank you for contacting Pandigital Customer Support regarding an issue with the Firmware Updater Application. The update program requires .Net Framework 4.0 or above to run properly. Please click on the link below and follow the steps to install the software:
    Download .NET Framework
    Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows on the computer. To look for recent updates, visit Windows Update. In addition, make sure you have Windows Installer 3.1 installed before you install this service pack
    Click the Download button on this page to start the download
    To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
    To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
    Once that is installed, try running the firmware update again.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to call our support line at 1-800-715-5354. Our support hours are Monday - Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm Central Time and Saturday 9:00am - 3:00pm Central Time.
    Sincerely,
    Blake
    Pandigital
    Customer Support
    (800) 715-5354

• Like Like x 2
  6. omgsmom

omgsmom Member

Tablet / Device:
    pandigital
    Thanks for the info. After about 5 hours of intensively trying to update I think its finally working correctly . I did the 4 framenet on my laptop then was able to to the formware upgrade

7. Photog57

Photog57 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Pandigital Novel White 7"
    Hey guys - my first post. A lot of good info, but I still have a problem. I have a White, PD Novel 7". It won't install any apps and the "apps" I have are "not installed on this phone". I've installed the Net 4.0 on my Acer w/ Win7 laptop. I have also reinstalled the firmware update from Pandigital. However, my laptop still does not recognize the PDN, only as a "G" drive. Any app I try to purchase is "incompatible with this phone". GRRRRRR. I know I'm missing something, but I started trying to fix this bug at 10:00 p.m. and it is now 2:13 a.m. and I'm going to bed! Can you offer any advice? Thanks in advance.

8. leafy_green

leafy_green Member

Tablet / Device:
    Pandigtial
    $Pandigital Firmware upgrade error.JPG I got the same message on Windows 7 64 bit so went my netbook with Windows XP and got the same thing.

9. barefoot138

barefoot138 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Black Pandigital Novel 7"
    I think you can do it through an alternate firmware, you can only install alternate firmware... Put the .dat file in the folder titled PD_Novel, which should be the default location where you go when you go to your pandigital novel through usb on your pc.

10. petenyc24

petenyc24 Member

Tablet / Device:
    pandigital 7" novel (wht)
    $Picture from phone 048.jpg $Picture from phone 047.jpg hey guys for some reason this is given me a problem when i try to update it it not recognizing my pd nova 7 why is that

11. don1100

don1100 Member

Tablet / Device:
    PanDigital Nova 7 White
    I am currently trying the Nova Test Firmware upgrade, will let you know if it works,
    aaaagh!

12. don1100

don1100 Member

Tablet / Device:
    PanDigital Nova 7 White
    Didn't work, now I basically have a brick, beeps, connects to computer, charges but no screen, called Pandigital this morning they know a 3rd party added reloaded the software and are working with them to resolve, they may have a solution in 2-4 weeks. I ain't waiting mine is going back to Walmart.

13. c_j92

c_j92 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Pandigital Multimedia Novel 7" Black
    I had the same problem with mine. Downloaded .NET Framework 4.5 and now I'm getting this message $pandigital.jpg when I try and run the update again. Can anyone help me with this? I have very little experience with these types of things. Any help is appreciated.

14. bdaigle

bdaigle Member

Tablet / Device:
    pandigital novel
    This is the exact same problem I have.... help me please before I go insane

15. tfontane

tfontane Member

Pandigital went out of business and shut the site down. So the updater won't work... Sorry.