Photo Gallery disappointment in 2.2

czstar

Jan 2, 2011
With the resistive screen on my S7 the photo gallery doesn't do all the fun turns, crops and selections. I found Fish Bowl (beta) in the Android Market and it lets me grab a corner and turn, grab a side and resize and flip it away! fun!

smartin

Jan 31, 2011
I'll give it a try.
For me, the Indo-2.2 S7 Photo Gallery is a crazy waste. I can't figure out how it decides to group the pics.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
That's odd, for me Gallery on 2.2 works like I expected it to with the capacitive screen. On 2.1 it froze up on me a lot. It does still seem to have some memory management, or some other kind, of issues, but does work.

czstar

Jan 2, 2011
That's odd, for me Gallery on 2.2 works like I expected it to with the capacitive screen. On 2.1 it froze up on me a lot. It does still seem to have some memory management, or some other kind, of issues, but does work.

Mine doesn't work like it does in the videos I have seen...spreading folders vertically, resizing by touch and flipping through the photos in the folder. I have to use the menu to rotate, size, etc. and folders only display horizontally. I upgraded to the Norwegian rom - could that be why mine doesn't work? Anybody else have this issue?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Actually I meant to say with the resistive screen, which is very limiting on applications like this. It works as well as I had expected, but without a capacitive screen it is bound to be disappointing.

czstar

Jan 2, 2011
Thanks for the clarification! If anyone knows a good/better app for photos - please post!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I was fortunate to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab very recently and have had a chance to play with the Gallery app on it to compare to the app on my resistive S7 with 2.2.2 (Indo.) and frankly it works nearly as well. In fact, except for the pinch to zoom allowed with the capacitive multi-touch screen, I'd say it works equally well. I think it is more the limitations of the Gallery app itself that is somewhat disappointing. If you find a good alternative I would love to hear about it.