Pipo S1 Charging & English Manual Questions

Harli

Dec 17, 2012

Hello! I am new to this so forgive me for not knowing all the protocol. I just received a Google Android 4.1 jellybean I ordered for my Grandson. To my astonishment the manual is in Chinese. It also did not come with the AC adapter I asked for. I bought it through Amazon, and the maker is Pipo S1. It did come with 2 cords that appear to be USB.
It did come on but only a few seconds so I assumed it needed to charge. I took a chance and hooked it up to my
pc. Now it doesn't turn on at all. I hope I didn't break it. I've emailed the seller, but no reply. I only see my Grandson twice a year so I really wanted it set up for him on Christmas morning. I would appreciate any advise you can provide.
I must point out that I am blonde, senior, and had two strokes so keep it simple. LOL I'm convinced our generation did not come with the computer gene installed. Thanks in advance,and I wish you each a Merry Christmas.
Harli

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Harli. I've noticed you've tried several avenues to fix the problem. One suggestion recommends you remove the battery and then replace it and try the power switch again. This may or may not work. You should contact the seller to see if they can supply the power supply and an English manual. This would be good grounds to return the device as it incomplete or may be a bad unit. Charging via USB should not break it but may take longer to fully charge the device. Have you considered a better more mainstream device like a Google Nexus 7 or a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7? They may cost a little more but as they're more popular they're better backed warranty wise and come with power supply unit in the box.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Harli, welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Rockchip RK3066 Tablets forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Enjoy the forum!

dave63

Dec 26, 2012
Hi I hope you have resolved you charging issue. I have a pipo s1 and had a similar problem with mine. When I plugged the charge cable in the red led by the HDMI came on but the screen did not power up as it should. I then plugged the cable into my samsung Galaxy tab charger and the tablet powered up. I can only assume the charger amperage was not high enough. I have since bought a 2amp usb wall charger and it has worked great since. Hope this helps

keswan

Feb 5, 2013
Hopefully this may be of some help although I see that you have not been on in a while.
I have the same tablet that you got for your grandson, the two cable that come with it are as follows a) short micro usb/b (male) to USB (female) adapter (for a keyboard) and b) longer micro usb/b (male) to USB (male) for data transfers, and c) a medium length charging cable with a USB (male) end for charging, you can buy any 5v USB charger adapter for this cable OR plug it into the USB on your PC. I actually use a spare power adapter for our MajicJack phone adapter that is also 5v, and it works fine for charging the S1, the ONLY complaint about the charging cord I have is that it is too short for using other than charging (ie: keeping it charging while you are sitting somewhere using it).
Other than that it works great and is pretty peppy thanks to the 1.6ghz dual proc.