Please help! I made a stupid mistake and I need help fixing it

Grillziak

Mar 15, 2011
Hey everybody, I've had my flytouch II for a couple weeks now so I'm still pretty inexperienced with the platform. I made a stupid mistake and deleted a system file that the android market needs to function, and I think its messing up some other things as well (music player can no longer autofind music from usb/sd).

My flytouch has firmware version 2.1-update 1 v1.8:#2752 and I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not I could have another flytouch II owner create a backup with their device that I could then restore onto my own to fix this.

Needless to say I would be very grateful for any help I can get, and if somebody did go through the hassle of creating and uploading a backup I could paypal 5 or 10 dollars for the trouble. My device isn't bricked or anything, it just kind of annoys me to have already made such a silly mistake so soon after getting it, and not having a functional market is pain.

japrijs

Dec 12, 2010
Hi,

Go to this site ePad - Multimedia Internet Devices shoose series IN and download the original market and install it again.
You find the download link on the right side of the page in blue on the support table

Hope this works
Best of luck,

Johan

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I would recomend updating your firmware to 3245. Please be carefull when tinkering with android files.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
I had a similar problem where I couldn't access the recovery menu etc, I had to do a SD bootable update to 1480 and then I got the recovery menu and used Update.zip on the SD card to go to 1568

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
I would recomend updating your firmware to 3245. Please be carefull when tinkering with android files.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

I've tried the update from 2752 to 3245 & the tablet doesn't pick up the firmware on the SD or USB device.tried both & nothing.
After about an hour of tinkering with the winhex tool & getting all the folder directories setup properly I finally got the firmware flash on the mirco sd...formatted it & it went from 4 gb to the 790mb or a similar number..pretty much followed the 3245 update step by step & still a no go..