Power button not working 7024

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I lost the functionalty of my power button sometime ago playing with different roms. I flashed original rom back hoping it would fix but no luck. A very long press will do a hwrd shutdown, no popup and it won't wake up screen. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my CFW-MID7024 using Tapatalk

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hmm, weird... Did you try the reset button? If you can shutdown the tablet with the power button and you are using a stock firmware then it should work...

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Hmm, weird... Did you try the reset button? If you can shutdown the tablet with the power button and you are using a stock firmware then it should work...

It should work but doesn't . I can hard shutdown but popup with shutdown/reboot options.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Did you try using the reset button to see if it helps?

Also, there is an interesting setting in "init.smdkv210.rc" file in the root directory:
setprop au.ui.enable_shutdown_menu true

Does your file has this line? You edit it if needed.

rain

May 5, 2011
i think you should just leave it alone ( imho ), cause the next troubleshooting step is to pop it open to get at the internal card.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
i think you should just leave it alone ( imho ), cause the next troubleshooting step is to pop it open to get at the internal card.

I already did that. I popped open internal and formated it then re installed stock. I think somethink in nand got screwed up but flashing isnt fixing it.

rain

May 5, 2011
I already did that. I popped open internal and formated it then re installed stock. I think somethink in nand got screwed up but flashing isnt fixing it.

nand . . . thats the one soldered on, right ? . get out the #2 iron and the solder wick . . ssssssss .

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I think I know what's wrong. I think my s3c-button.kl is wrong. I song have an entry for power. I some one can post what their file looks like I think it will help. Its under /system/usrkeylayout

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Didn't you apply the original firmware? It should have fixed it... Anyway, you can find the file you want in one of the tar balls of OFW.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Didn't you apply the original firmware? It should have fixed it... Anyway, you can find the file you want in one of the tar balls of OFW.

I tried the OFW still doesn't work. I'll loock through the tar files for it.
Thanks

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.