Problems transferring videos to Nexus 9 tablet

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Video' started by Juni354, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Juni354

Juni354 Junior Member

Whenever I try to drag and drop an MP4 file to my device, I get a message that says, file type is not supported on this device. Then it gives me the option to skip, skip all, cancel. How to I get this thing to work?

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

Where are you dragging and dropping from and what are you using to do it?

3. Juni354

Juni354 Junior Member

Thanks.

I'm transferring from my PC. If I download the file from my tablet it has no problem playing the file but it won't transfer the same file from my computer.

4. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    You still didn't say what you were using to do the transfer. I can only guess it was Widows Explorer. Try using an app from the Play Store called AirDroid.

5. Juni354

Juni354 Junior Member

I was just dragging the file from my hard drive and dropping it in the downloads folder connected via USB. That's it. I'll try Air Droid now. Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to tech stuff.

6. EthanStark

EthanStark Junior Member

Usually, iTunes movie format is M4V, and the iTunes music format is M4A, Nexus 9 doesn’t support M4V/M4A playback. You need to convert iTunes movies and music to Nexus 9 playable video format. The DRM Video Converter is an efficient app obtains several benefits. I will show you two of them: Firstly, it can help you convert iTunes movie and make it enable to play iTunes M4V on Nexus 9. Secondly, this app allows you to edit the videos. As a powerful DRM Converter, this app offers you an optimized presetting for Nexus 9 directly.

With this DRM Removal and Converter tool, you can also easily strip DRM protection from Digital Copy, Amazon Instant Video, BBC iPlayer, Windows Media Centre, Zune Marketplace, Xbox Live Store, Limewire, uTorrent, FrostWire and more and generate DRM-free copies in your wanted format. The output file formats include M4V, MP4, ASF, MOV, WMV, MKV, AVI, Xvid, DV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VOB, TS, FLV, SWF, MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG, MKA, AU, AIFF, FLAC, M4R and so on.

Ethan Stark