Problems with Apps.

Ravens1950

Sep 29, 2012
I have a 7 in. Zeki tablet TB782B version 4.0.3. I just got this tablet and I feel like throwing it in the rash. I can't find any of the apps that I am looking for. The App Store does not have any of the ones I am looking for and even have gone to GetJar to find some. A friend of mine has the same tablet and has all the good apps. He gave me a zip to copy to my PC and then I loaded it up on the SD card and downloaded it to the tablet and it did absolutely nothing. It was a pax2d.bin. I don' need the tablet if i can't get the apps. Can someone please help me with this issue

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There is a problem with the statement you made about a BIN file as any apps your friend provided would have been APK files.

When you say you can't find the apps on the Google Store, the problem may or may not be that the ones you are looking for are not compatible with your tablet. Many vendors will only allow their apps to be installed on tablets they know will be compatible. however, you still should have been able to see them even if you couldn't install them.

Can you provide an example or 2.?

Toomuchinfo

Dec 4, 2012
Hello - this is my 1st post and I am very new as an Android tablet user. I posted here because I too am running into problems w/GetJar. I think it is more of a problems w/GetJar than w/the tablets as I have seen numerous posts from different tablet buyers all having the same problem. GetJar won't download the apps it shows as available. I have a Visual Land Connect w/Ice Cream Sandwich and it keeps looking like it wants to download, but never does. I went into Security on the tablet and removed the protection and it still did nothing. I would love to add Google Market, but have not seen anyplace that is specific to the Visual Land tablet. Meanwhile I wish someone would post any info on finding a way to fix GetJar. Would it have anything to do with how much space there is left as I do not yet have the additional memory card.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello - this is my 1st post and I am very new as an Android tablet user. I posted here because I too am running into problems w/GetJar. I think it is more of a problems w/GetJar than w/the tablets as I have seen numerous posts from different tablet buyers all having the same problem. GetJar won't download the apps it shows as available. I have a Visual Land Connect w/Ice Cream Sandwich and it keeps looking like it wants to download, but never does. I went into Security on the tablet and removed the protection and it still did nothing. I would love to add Google Market, but have not seen anyplace that is specific to the Visual Land tablet. Meanwhile I wish someone would post any info on finding a way to fix GetJar. Would it have anything to do with how much space there is left as I do not yet have the additional memory card.

I'm assuming you are trying to install the apps using the GetJar app. If not that would be the problem. If you side loaded the GetJar app make certain your tablet is allowing installs from 3rd parties.

Toomuchinfo

Dec 4, 2012
leeshor - thanks for reply. I solved my own problem, but wanted to let others who are new to tablet ownership know they can find answers. I actually found mine on the Visual Land website to the Q&A area and got this. I'm guessing that many of the off brand tablets (like mine) that don't have GM are having the problems I am for the same reason. Hope this helps some other newby not have a headache.

[FONT=trebuchet, verdana, arial]Some of GetJar's download links point to Google Market. As this device does not support Google Market, any of those links will not work. So if you are encountering an error for a certain app on GetJar, it is most likely linking to Google Market. We recommend trying to download that app from one of the other previously mentioned markets. [/FONT]

Gene707

Dec 29, 2012
If you go to xda developers web site they have the link for you to update your Zeki to Android 4.0.4 and the link to put Google play market on your tablet and more. I have a zeki TB782B 7 inch tablet and went there and upgraded my zeki and have not had any problems since except when trying to connect my tablet to my laptop. To fix that went to Zeki.com web site to find ot how to connect it to laptop. First you have to make sure that you update your usb drivers to the most recent ones they have for your pc then after you do that and hook your Zeki to your pc on the tablet tap the status bar and then tap usb storage then you will be able to transfer files, music, pictures ect... between your pc and tablet.