Problems with drivers

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
OK I am freaking lost. I have been trying to follow the multitude of instructions for rooting to no avail. Now when I connect my VTAB to my computer device manager does not show it installed. I try to update the drivers and have had no luck. i am almost ready to update and just say screw it on trying to root the stupid thing. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Fishtank

Nov 30, 2011
Has your vtab been updated to the latest software from Vizio? If so, you'll find that they closed the loophole that was being used to gain root access. This is discussed in significant detail in numerous threads on this forum.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
Yes I am well aware of the loss of root with the update. I have been very adamant with anyone that touches my VTAB to not download and install the update. I get multiple reminders that it needs to be downloaded and installed every few minutes while using it.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Did u try the drivers installed by pdanet? They worked for me, but not on my vista 32bit machine, 5hey seem to work on winxp 32bit and on win7 64bit.
Vista 64bit and win7 32bit not tested as of yet.

----------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
Did u try the drivers installed by pdanet? They worked for me, but not on my vista 32bit machine, 5hey seem to work on winxp 32bit and on win7 64bit.
Vista 64bit and win7 32bit not tested as of yet.

tapatalked from GalaxyS

I did try the pdanet. It did not work. I uninstalled from both my vtab and my computer and tried reinstalling. when I did I am only able to get pdanet for tablet now. I am not sure what is up with that.

BTW I am running Vista 64bit. AS of now I am having no luck whatsoever.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Try to find a win7 64 machine, thats your best bet and it will be done in a minute...

tapatalked from GalaxyS

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
I will have to check my wifes laptop. I know it is W7 but unsure if it is 32bit or 64bit. If 64 I may have to confiscate it temporarily.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Here is my post from the root thread:

Before installing the driver, open the DOS window and type
echo 0x489 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"
Disclaimer: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO ANYONE'S TABLET BY USING THIS LINK.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ncdzu2

Once you install the driver, open DOS window, navigate to wherever adb.exe is (either DoomLord or SuperOneClick you downloaded following the directions) and type "adb devices". You should see the string with the serial number of your Vizio as the device attached.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
I am convinced I am an idiot, or something along those lines. I have done everything all of you have suggested and I am still getting nowhere. THis is not the first time I have rooted an android device. granted I am no developer or anything like that but this is freaking ridiculous. I have been at this since Christmas and have had no luck.

adb is not recognizing my device and I have no idea how to fix it. I have tried PDAnet, I have tried the file Maine_Coon has linked here. I have tried SDK developer tools. and on and on. If anyone has any other ideas I am open to suggestions.

Device manager shows the VTAB as Android Composite ADB INterface.

again I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit
I even tried my wife's computer which is W7 Home Premium 64bit. it was a no go also.

Last edited:

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Did you do this:
echo 0x489 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"
?

If the answer is yes, your Vizio hates you.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
I did but am planning on trying again. After staying up well past midnight for the last several days and getting up early the sleep deprivation is starting to kick in so I put it up and will come back to it at a later time.

I am beginning to think you are right about it hating me. I have double and tripe checked to make sure I have the correct version that can be rooted and it is definitely 1.9.56 so I am at a loss.

I have an old XP pro laptop maybe I can try it on there just to say I tried rooting on XP, Vista, and W7 and failed on all three.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
Just tried it again and I get "the system can not find the path specified"

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Do you know how to navigate in the DOS window?
If not, I'd say forget it.

If you were in the Bay Area, I would do it for you.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
Do you know how to navigate in the DOS window?
If not, I'd say forget it.

If you were in the Bay Area, I would do it for you.

not really, I guess I am just SOL. it has almost gotten to the point it is not worth it. I have spent so much freaking time on this. I have surfed the web for instructions and all but I am getting nowhere. It just seems odd I did the same thing everyone else says they did and mine doesn't work.
Oh well hopefully someone can find a way to root the new version and maybe it will be an easy way to do it.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
OH SNAP. I got it. I had tried this before but couldn't get it to work. I moved the zergrush file from the DooMlord file to SOC and chose it as the exploit I was finished in 2 minutes. I think when I tired it earlier I chose auto exploit.

Either way it freaking worked I now have super user access and am free to do with as I please.