Fast easy root from oneclick v2.3.1

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Just got my vtab in the mail today rooted with this in like 5 mins. It has all the drivers ready for you just download unzip to a new folder and hit root. It will ask if you want to download ADB drivers click yes there may be some other driver pop ups just do the android one the other ones are for your laptop and dont need them.Im running windows 7 32bit.:cool: ps. i am on 1.4 did not do the 1.5 update also have titanium back up and froze the vizio updater rebooted and am fine.Link http://shortfuse.org/

Dec 17, 2011
Just got my Woot vtab today as well, noticed it has the 1.4 on it and wanted me to update as soon as I connected to my wifi. I didn't though. Anyone else confirm this method works?

meatgel

Dec 16, 2011
I've tried it and it gets to step seven and just hangs. I'm using a Win7/32 system, too. It did download the drivers, though.

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
I got mine yesterday and rooted today using a method with PDAnet and a zipfile , had it hang until I downloaded an older version of PDAnet, used task manager to close an open ADB that was running, started over and rooted in about 3 minutes.

insydemahed

Dec 19, 2011
I bought 2 refurbs from Woot last week. Had them for 2 days. The one I rooted (with one click - I did the ADB file swap) was working great for the hour I played with it. Purchased Titananium Backup Pro per suggestions from the other forums, and the very first thing I did was freeze Vizio auto backup. I restarted, and it went straight to Android Recovery Mode. I did all the possible options (factory wipe/reset and cache wipe/reset) and neither would get the VTab past the blue triangle of death. Woot offered refund but no replacement - waiting on Vizio to respond to my request for replacement via email.

But tonight when I get home after work I'm going to try rooting the second VTab, backing up everything to my SD CARD, then putting the SD CARD into the bricked VTAB to see if I have any luck booting that way. I'll post results when I finish - I couldn't find anyone else who tried this so I guess at the very least it's worth a shot since Woot offered free shipping and full refund.

But just to save me anymore headaches - has anyone tried this? Heard of results? Does this even sound possible? The Android Recovery Screen offers SD card restore...

For the record, OneClick Root worked fine. I did have to restart on my own though. I'm guessing (and I'm an Android Novice - I only have iOS jailbreaking exp) what I did wrong was freezing the Vizio Update before backing anything up at all, and then restarting directly from Titanium App while it was open. I'll try the backup and post results later in case anyone else is in this same predicament. I'll find somewhere to upload the backup if it works so others can dl to SD CARD too. But of course I'm jumping the gun, I'm on my lunch break at work...

Victimssun

Dec 17, 2011
Let us know how you make out. I was wondering if we would get a way to get ourselves out of a hole (bricked). I mean, there's cwm, just not something to completely restore back to yet.

Umgixxer

Dec 19, 2011
I rooted mine with super one click but I used Gemini App Manager to block vizio updater and it seems to be working fine for me.

insydemahed

Dec 19, 2011
No luck. I couldn't figure out how to save my backup to SD card so I just called Vizio and after a few hoops (sending over proof of purchase, etc) they're going to send me a replacement. I work alot and didn't want to wait any longer because the woot return label they sent me only had 2 days left. If anyone knows what I need to do to save to SD card, I'll still give it a shot. But FYI, Vizio customer service is extraordinarily helpful.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum