Problems with Gmail & Play Store Freelander PD20

Lapin127

Dec 26, 2012
We have 3 Freelander PD20s and in the last week have developed huge problems with Gmail and the Google PlayStore. Gmails are not arriving or are delayed by several days, Play Store is not accessible - this started last week, when I tried to do an Update on BBC iPlayer; it went into the updating page and then just kept on...and on. Even shutting down and re-starting produced the same Updating screen, stopping the App had no effect. Trying the Play Store just gave a waiting for response screen. This was also happening on the 2 other PD20s, even though one is 100 miles away, on a different WIFI network. After trying everything. I have done a Hard Reset, back to factory settings and still cannot access Play - it goes through the signing into your account and after around 3 minutes, comes up with the 'Can't establish a reliable connection' message. The strange thing is that if I access Play and Gmail through the Google Web page everything is OK, though it won't let me download any apps - I have resorted to sending apps from another Android device using MyAppSharer (very useful).
Is it possible that Google are blocking unauthorised Android installations (Chinese supplied Tablets)?

Can anyone help please ?????

Lapin127

Dec 26, 2012
I have heard of another Freelander PD20 with similar problems - have Google blocked software used on these Tablets?

Bobbob

Jan 29, 2013
I have same problem. Received from dealer in China some dayes ago, but can not access my gmail-account with the gmail-app. The dealer say somthing is changed with the googleserver. They send me some update to install to solve the problem, but it did not help. The tablet is useless without able to access google play to download apps. Hope sombody can find out what to do to solve the problm.