Problems with Network connection (Email, Facebook, Amazon Kindle account, and Nook)

burninghawk

Aug 30, 2011
Okay, so I bought my Acer Iconia and loved it and it work great until like a couple of days ago and now it is having some major issues. Basically for some strange reason it will not connect to hotmail.com, facebook, and not even to my kindle and nook accounts. It is the strangest things as I have used all of them on the device before and I still have internet access, and can go to any other website (that I usually visit anyway) and still have no trouble streaming video from youtube and IMDB so that not the issue. Does anyone have any slightest idea what the issue might be? My thoughts are that there was one night where I download a lot of apps from the android market so might it be an issue with one of those apps?

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Thru the stock browser I just tried hotmail.com & facebook.com . No problems, I do not use the social app.

If it started after you donloaded the apps then I would Force Close all that are running then try.

burninghawk

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks for the input, unfortunately, it did not work. I honest have no clue on what might be cause the connection problem with certain sites. I feel like im actually the only person in the world with this problem, its strange.

burninghawk

Aug 30, 2011
I could...it is just alot of work to get it back to the point of how I like having it set up and getting apps back and stuff so I was trying to avoid that

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Basically for some strange reason it will not connect to hotmail.com, facebook, and not even to my kindle and nook accounts. It is the strangest things as I have used all of them on the device before and I still have internet access,

Are you going to these sites with the browser or some app?

I've known the browser to get horked (technical term) with broken pages from time to time. Most often you can just Clear Cache in browser settings and it will work.

Sometimes I use Opera browser on problem sites just to see if its a network problem or a stock browser problem. (Dolphin mini or Dolphin HD are simply a wrapper around the stock browser engine, and they will often fail the same way when it is a website incompatibility issue. They run separate caches tho, so sometimes they work when stock has its cache messed up).

If you weren't using the browser, which apps were you using?

Don't rush out and do a factory reset just yet. This doesn't sound like that kind of issue.