Process com.Acer.app Report -error

dhill114

Aug 7, 2011
I keep getting this error (subject line) when attempting to open any app on the shelf? After reporting many times, the only option is force close... Anybody got a fix?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Grug

Aug 15, 2011
I keep getting this error (subject line) when attempting to open any app on the shelf? After reporting many times, the only option is force close... Anybody got a fix?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

I have an A500 and use this process to fix those errors...

Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All.
Scroll and select: Acer content folders. Click Force Stop. Click clear data. Click Clear Cache

This will clear your folders but at least you will be able to get into them!

Hope that helps.

Aug 26, 2011
I have an A500 and use this process to fix those errors...

Scroll and select: Acer content folders. Click Force Stop. Click clear data. Click Clear Cache

This will clear your folders but at least you will be able to get into them!

Hope that helps.

My problem context:
- following apps auto updates, some apps were not showing anymore in iconia folders (in particular firefox had disappeared)
- the problem occured when trying to add / restore Firefox in folder (using + in folder)

Successful fix (taken from another forum): uninstal app which caused the issue (in my case Firefox). Native iconia folders apps now run OK.

Note: a possible cause could be an inconsistent setting following incomplete update +attempt to add an app which is already there but not showing. Firefox was involved in my case but I am pretty sure that issue can happpen with any app.

themilkman

Sep 5, 2011
Thanks for the tip... I did as suggestd...
Yes it works now.

This is my first tablet and I have been "Learning" about Android over the last week.

Thanks, I feel normal when others are having similar findings... :)