Promotion sticker on my Acer Iconia Tab A500

Tony101

May 19, 2011
Just wondering if any Iconia Tab A500 owners had their promotional sticker placed on the tablets plastic wrap instead of on the glass?

Acer support said that they do either or but it would be nice to hear from actual owner's on this.

The reason I ask is becuase my 1st unit had it on the glass but I had to echange becuse of a faulty SD card slot. When I opened the exchanged unit iw was on the tablets plastic wrap (odd) but the box was plastic wrapped and did not appear to be opened.

Just want to make sure that I didn't get someones return.

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Mine was on the plastic bezel, not the glass.
I wanted to leave it on there for awhile, but thought it covered the buttons found in the bezel of most tablets. I was surprised when I removed it and found no buttons underneath! That's the only reason I actually remember where it was straight out of the box.

Tony101

May 19, 2011
Mine was on the plastic bezel, not the glass.
I wanted to leave it on there for awhile, but thought it covered the buttons found in the bezel of most tablets. I was surprised when I removed it and found no buttons underneath! That's the only reason I actually remember where it was straight out of the box.

Do you mean on the backside of the tablet? What Plastic bezel are you referring to? The frornt of the tablet is pretty much all glass excpept for the top and bottom (ladscape position) of course which is aluminum.

pentool

May 1, 2011
Mine was on the glass. I exchanged that unit because of a bad volume button. The new unit also had the sticker on the glass.

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Sorry I said plastic, see image below....
$acer-iconia-tab-a500-img2.jpg

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Mine was (is, as I have not removed it) on the glass to the right as you look at the tablet screen.