Question about ClockWorkMod Recovery problem.

ghost1951

Aug 5, 2012
:confused:I have an Onda VI10 Deluxe V5 with stock ICS and it is running fine. I installed CWM Recovery v5.5.0.4 and had everything working in good order. I could cold boot into recovery using the button method or from the terminal emulator on the tablet. The other night I installed "TuneIn" apk, which after install completed it rebooted my tablet which I thought was odd. Since then, the only way I can get to CWM recovery is by way of terminal emulator or adb. Trying the button method,I get a faint flash on the screen and then nothing.It is though it is trying but "maybe" the animation is corrupted and causing it to crash. I had a CWM backup made before this date and restored but it has no effect on the problem.I have tried to re-install CWM, but no change in the problem. What I would like to do is completely remove/delete CWM and then re-install it,or find the stock recovery img and flash it. Then re-install CWM. I have googled and googled and googled and have yet to find an answer. Any help will be appreciated. I have emailed the factory for the boot recovery img and waiting to here from them. Trying to locate where CWM files are located. I did however use LiveSuit and flashed the stock img from Onda, but it did not overwrite the corrupt recovery image. Thanks in advance.......Ghost:confused:

Last edited:

HumzaAhmed155

Aug 11, 2012
how did you flash the recovery? can you tell me how because i tried the normal methods but that hasn worked (it cant find the recovery partition)

ghost1951

Aug 5, 2012
I downloaded the CWM 6.0.1.0 and used adb to puch all three files to the sdcard. Then did adb shell and ran sh install-recovery.sh that installed the recovery then in shell i did sh reboot-recovery.sh and ir booted into recovery.This is for the ONDA VI10 Deluxe running stock ICS V5 A10 Allwinner. May not work for your tablet unless it is the same. Google for this zip file "cwm_recovery_6.0.1.0_a10c_28072012". should be one of the first to pop up.

Last edited: