Questions About Playing Music on Memo Pad 10

rockout

Jan 6, 2014
I have 2 questions about putting music files on my MicroSDXC Card and which player to play them with.

1) I have the AT&T version of the Memo Pad FHD 10 LTE. I inserted a 64GB MicroSDXC Card in the tablet and it was recognized. I have about 100GB of FLAC song files on my PC and on my Mac, and I want to put about 64GB of them on the MicroSDXC Card. I've never transfered anything to an android device before. On my computer, I have a main folder called FLAC Music, then a folder for each album/CD with the songs in the folders.

How do I do the transfer? Is it better to use my PC or my Mac? Can someone take me through the steps?

2) There is supposed to be a player already loaded in the tablet upon purchase that will play FLAC songs. Does anyone know which player that is? I believe have a couple of players. Thanks. :)

rockout

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks for the quick response. Instead of a Card Reader, couldn't I just connect the tablet to my PC via USB and then copy and paste to my SD Card? If not, how do I eject the MicroSD Card which is still inside my Asus? I read somewhere that you need to "unmount" it before taking it out. However, I cannot find on the tablet where to unmount it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Your comment begs the question, did you in fact purchase an SD card and insert it or are you looking at the internal memory?

Yes, you "may" be able to directly connect to a PC to transfer the files, or check out the link below which will lead to a thread that explains a bunch of ways to transfer files to and from the tablet.

rockout

Jan 6, 2014
Your comment begs the question, did you in fact purchase an SD card and insert it or are you looking at the internal memory?

Yes, you "may" be able to directly connect to a PC to transfer the files, or check out the link below which will lead to a thread that explains a bunch of ways to transfer files to and from the tablet.
Thanks, I'll check out the link. Yes, I did already insert a 64GB MicroSDXC Card in the tablet. I'd prefer to go directly from PC to tablet via USB, and I'll check to see if I can do that. :)

rockout

Jan 6, 2014
You might have better luck using the PC to transfer the files. Use Windows Explorer to copy and paste to the SD card. (you need a card reader). Poweramp will play FLAC files, Find it hare. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer
I really appreciate your help, and have read your master list > transferring files, etc. I have a question.

If I use the Card Reader option, could this happen?

Once I put my music files on the card using the card reader, then I eject the card to put it in the tablet. I put it in and I get a message that it must be formatted (from using it in my PC). However, formatting it will lose the music files....Could this happen?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes it could. Make sure you have a copy of the media from the SD card on your PC, format the card in the tablet, then you should be able to "still" read it in the card reader on the PC.

rockout

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks. I already have the SD Card (empty) in the tablet which is where I inserted it first. The tablet recognized it, did not ask me to format it, and it shows under "Storage" as external storage but it is empty right now. Does that mean that I don't have to format the Card in the tablet once I put the media on it from the PC? If I do have to format it in the tablet, how is that done?

Sorry about all of the questions, but I'm having a real problem grasping the best way to do this. Oh, my media is backed up so no worries there.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Have you tried to copy anything to the card yer? If that works you should be good to go.

rockout

Jan 6, 2014
I'll try that first. This may be Android 101, but I've never copied anything to a Card on an Android device. Running 4.2.2, if I take a picture with the Asus, how do I then copy it to the Card as a test? Thanks for your patience. :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You have a file manager that can do that (though I suggest ES File Explorer) or you can follow the tips on file transfers that you will find by following the link in my signature

rockout

Jan 6, 2014
You have a file manager that can do that (though I suggest ES File Explorer) or you can follow the tips on file transfers that you will find by following the link in my signature
I downloaded and installed ES File Explorer on the tablet. I then transferred a pic to the MicroSD. It shows up fine on the MicroSD Card, so I don't need to format it, and I'm good to go. I just ordered a Card Reader off Amazon. I'll then transfer the music files from my PC to the Asus, download and install Poweramp, and rock out! Thanks again for the help!