Real 'Standby' mode?

Torrs

Nov 15, 2010
Hi all.

I've had a couple of Tablets over the last few months and my biggest bug is that neither of them have a proper standby mode.

My question is are there any tablets out there that do?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Most tablets don't have standby mode. But with the screen off, the idle power consumption is usually pretty good.

Torrs

Nov 15, 2010
Thanks xaueious. Kinda feared this would be the answer. This sole factor pretty much dooms the current Android Tablets for me. I can deal with resistive screens, the Market, etc… but the fact that I can't play with it one minute, put it down then pick it up the next day and carry on (al la my iPhone) makes me wonder why I would REALLY need one over my laptop (or iPhone). Ah well. I'll keep watching… and hoping.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
as a matter of process i now also go to airplane mode before putting my tablet aside, turning off that wifi helps conserve

Thanks xaueious. Kinda feared this would be the answer. This sole factor pretty much dooms the current Android Tablets for me. I can deal with resistive screens, the Market, etc… but the fact that I can't play with it one minute, put it down then pick it up the next day and carry on (al la my iPhone) makes me wonder why I would REALLY need one over my laptop (or iPhone). Ah well. I'll keep watching… and hoping.