Recover Kyros9742-8 as factory rom?

megablaster

Apr 23, 2013
Hello such guys, my name is Braulio Javier acquired two days ago Coby Kyros Tablet 9742-8 and decided to install the ROM using livesuit, at first I had problems with the screen upside down and fix it after I noticed that the WIFI network not working just says "activating wifi" and above when they buy works well but I decided to load the rom that did not have the play store and by mistake and ignorance did not backup the factory ROM.

honestly I'm very disappointed and sad because it is my second day and no longer works.

I have already installed the ClockworkMod coby.

It's not right to offer money or other but I really need the tablet working. thanks and good day for reading my case.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You're lucky you managed to get ClockworkMod on the tablet without bricking it. While you can download one of the 9742 system dumps and restore the dump back to the tablet, there's still no guarantee WiFi will work. This is because Coby routinely updates the hardware in the tablet, thus rendering old dumps useless. The frequent hardware updates are the root cause behind us not offering LiveSuite ROMs in these forums and our demand that users make a system dump before attempting to change ROMs.

Download a 9742 dump and install it. You might get lucky and one of the dumps will work for you.

megablaster

Apr 23, 2013
You're lucky you managed to get ClockworkMod on the tablet without bricking it. While you can download one of the 9742 system dumps and restore the dump back to the tablet, there's still no guarantee WiFi will work. This is because Coby routinely updates the hardware in the tablet, thus rendering old dumps useless. The frequent hardware updates are the root cause behind us not offering LiveSuite ROMs in these forums and our demand that users make a system dump before attempting to change ROMs.

Download a 9742 dump and install it. You might get lucky and one of the dumps will work for you.

thanks for answering, to install the ROM DUMP first need to install another or with which I have installed only performed the dump?

Apology? Questions, where I could find a dump for my tablet?

Thanks in advance, a hug!

Appreciate it! ;)

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You need to read the sticky posts in Generation 3 Development. They provide links to the information you need.