Resurrecting Momo7 Tablet

rowan.bradley

May 23, 2018
I have a Ployer MOMO7 tablet. I've had it for a couple of years, but never used it for much since the initial reason that I bought it disappeared. I am now trying to get it working again, and have a few questions:
1. It seems to take forever for the battery to charge. It's already been charging for a couple of days continuously, and the battery now says it is 86% charged. Is this just a feature of the device, or is the battery itself no good (Possibly because it's been left discharged for a couple of years), or something else?
2. It currently has Android 4.1.1 on it. Can I upgrade this? How?
3. It doesn't have an Apps button on the home screen. How do I add this?
4. It seems to have quite a few apps installed, but their icons are not on the home screen, and since there is no Apps button, I can't see how to run these at all. For example, Google Play seems to be installed, but is not visible on the Home screen. Calendar is the same. How do I run them? How do I put their icons on the Home screen?

Thanks for your help.

Rowan

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
1. Are you charging using the charger or the USB port? If the latter, charging will take a long time. For the record, as the battery ages the screen on time decreases while charge time remains constant.

2. Upgrades depend on the manufacturer. Check their website - if still in business - and if an update is available it will be there.

3 and 4. I would perform a factory reset as that may resolve your problem with the missing Apps button. You cannot add the Apps button to the screen, unless Ployer doesn't use the stock launcher.

rowan.bradley

May 23, 2018
I'm charging it with the USB socket plugged into a mains to USB charger. Is it possible to charge it in any other way than via the USB socket? There doesn't seem to be any other socket that would be usable for this.

Eventually the MOMO7 said it was 100% charged, and I then unplugged the charger. Very rapidly the amount of charge reported decreased. It now says it is 60% charged (that is maybe 2 hours after unplugging the charger).

I have already done a factory reset twice. I had to do this to get it to connect to my WiFi network. Then it lost touch with the network again and I had to factory reset it again.

I think I had actually failed to recognise the apps button, because it doesn't look the same as the one on my phone, and it is in the top right hand corner of the home screen, not at the bottom like on my phone. Anyway, I can now at least run apps, and put them on the hole screen if I want.

There still doesn't seem to be a button that shows me all the running apps, like there is on my phone. What is this button called? Without it, how do I quit apps that are just using up memory and are not relevant to what I am currently doing? I know that I can go to Settings/Apps and force them to quit, but this is rather tedious.

Thanks - Rowan

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your device should have a barrel jack on one side, between the HDMI port and the volume rockers. If that jack is missing, then it has broken off the motherboard as is somewhere inside the case. Needless to say, there should have been a charger with the tablet; without it charging will take forever. The battery rapidly decreasing as you noted is normal for an old battery. You can try to get the battery replaced but if you were to do that you might as well spring for a new tablet. A less expensive solution would be to find the charger and use it in lieu of the battery.

For accessing recently used apps, press and hold the right soft button on the screen. Your list of apps should appear there, and swiping to the right will close them.