Rooting Archos 80 g9 tablet

pluisd1

Dec 26, 2011
Is there anyway to root it? what can u do once u actually do it, im new to the hacking/modding world of android, its always been apple for me so i need a someone to help me understand this compared to the apple jailbreaking thanks in advance

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
My first question is to ask you why. What do you think Rooting will provide? The Archos are about as least Root friendly of many tablets out there. Nook and Kindles are following their lead now. But, the Archos if you do your research offer developmental capability not offered to almost any other Tablet. Do some research, read, learn then you will discover. I am not wanting to stop you, I am asking for you to think twice and recognize this is not the tablet for easy rooting.

davdwin

Dec 28, 2011
I'm looking for a way to root my Archos 80 as well and I, too, am a newbie to the world of rooting. For me, I need to be able to connect to an ad-hoc network, and as far as I know, that's only possible on a rooted device (w/ adhocable or similar app)

I was able to root my Kindle Fire but only because there are very easy to follow directions available on the web and I was hoping for something similar with Archos g9 80.