Rotate problems

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
My Kyros is fond of going from portrait to landscape when sensing the slightest sideways movement while flat (or slightly tilted). With using the kindle App that becomes a problem. So I have been trying to find an app that will lock my screen in portrait mode. Every app I see states Google only allows android OS to lock in portrait mode, which is funny cause mine only locks in landscape. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
In Settings -> Advanced settings, do you have an option to change the gravity sensor mode from pad to phone and vice-versa? If yes, does it help?

I don't have Gingerbread on my MID1024 now, or I would test it here. And sometimes Telechips based Kyros like MID7127 have a completely different settings.

Anyway, you can try finding a way to change the gravity sensor mode so the lock screen will be in portrait mode like a phone. Or root the tablet and hack it to rotate the sensor manually.

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
Im not sure what model you have, but on the 7022 if you go to Settings -> Display there is and option call Auto-rotate screen. If you uncheck this, it should solve your problem.

lenballard

Dec 17, 2011
If just worried about kindel app get in kindel position as you want it tap lower right corner brings up a pad lock tap agian ubtil padlock is locked now it will not change

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I don't think any of you truly read through the description of the problem.
1. If i disable auto rotate, use padlock in kindle app, use any app to lock screen in portrait mode it jumps it into landscape and refuses portrait.

2. The Android OS does not have a settings ->advanced settings

A little more info I can provide is that it will also auto rotate so the screen is upside down at times.

So my key question is can I calibrate the rotation or at least lock it in portrait somehow?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
As I said before, if your device doesn't have Advanced Settings then you can install an apk to enable it or do the same thing.

Probably there are apps on Market to rotate the screen too, it will need a rooted device, that is also needed to do it manually by editing the system files.

Jan 19, 2012
This has been driving me crazy too! No matter what I do if i turn off auto rotate it reverts back to landscape. I did find an app called orientation control that claims true control over orientation but the market says its incompatable with my device so I can't try it.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This happens a lot with theses tablets, what I do is just install the app I want on my EVO3D, then just use adb to pull from the phone and install to my tablet.

Last edited:

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
THANK YOU!! The orientation control app works to force portrait perfectly! Google search for the APK and install it and you're golden. No market saying incompatible crap lol...

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
THANK YOU!! The orientation control app works to force portrait perfectly! Google search for the APK and install it and you're golden. No market saying incompatible crap lol...

nice findddd