Samsung surpasses Apple in smartphone market

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Wasn't sure what section to post this, but I just read an article from today which states (and shows sales figures) that during the last quarter Android powered Samsung smartphones surpassed the Apple iPhone in the smartphone market. Pretty big day for Samsung, and Google don't you agree?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Specially when samsung bought miui firmware and making a phone with the firmware installed on it ^^0
Miui (ios and android)

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

1goodidea

Nov 13, 2011
Yes great that there is good competition. Buyers should benefit from better prices and features.

Obviously the big advantage with Android is the greater choice of size, features and price points.

sophiaR

Jan 10, 2012
I agree, that's great news for us consumers. I'm pretty sure both companies is now doing their best to offer us a more reliable phones. Anyway, with the use of our mobile phones we can always add applications in our phones. In connection with this, I read from an article that while applications such as Angry Birds continue being the most popular applications on smartphones, more practical applications are slowly but surely coming available. A brand new application called Winter Survival Kit aims to obtain the kind of survival info that can help save drivers' lives. Source of article: Survival apps filling an emergency niche.