Scribble/doodle/whatever it's called-app

jcee1993

Aug 26, 2012
Hi all!

My first post here, after just a few minutes since register.. so be kind!

I hope this is the place to be asking this question.

I'm looking for an app that makes it possible to draw/scribble/doodle directly on the screen(homescreen, startscreen).. been googleing it, without luck..

Thanks in advance!

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hi all!

My first post here, after just a few minutes since register.. so be kind!

I hope this is the place to be asking this question.

I'm looking for an app that makes it possible to draw/scribble/doodle directly on the screen(homescreen, startscreen).. been googleing it, without luck..

Thanks in advance!

Hi jcee, and welcome to the forum! Lots of nice helpful people here, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you want.

After reading your post, I searched a while for an app like that because I was curious if there was such a thing, but I couldn't find any that you could draw/scribble/doodle directly on the home screen, but I did try out one called Skitch in the Google Play Store that you might have fun playing with. You can put any of your photos in it and draw, scribble, doodle on them, save them to your SD or other places, then use them as your home screen background. It's a round-about way of doing what you want, but it works pretty good.

You can find it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...skitch&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Last edited:

jcee1993

Aug 26, 2012
frapshake said:
Hi jcee, and welcome to the forum! Lots of nice helpful people here, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you want.

After reading your post, I searched a while for an app like that because I was curious if there was such a thing, but I couldn't find any that you could draw/scribble/doodle directly on the home screen, but I did try out one called Skitch in the Google Play Store that you might have fun playing with. You can put any of your photos in it and draw, scribble, doodle on them, save them to your SD or other places, then use them as your home screen background. It's a round-about way of doing what you want, but it works pretty good.

You can find it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evernote.skitch&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out!

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Whiteboard is one that I found easiest to use. I have tried many drawing apps and this one suits me best. Each to his own though.

I was going to give Whiteboard a try, sounds interesting, but I see there are many to choose from. Are you using the one made by HenryHuang? Did you try more than one before settling on the one you use?

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Yes, that is the one I have. I went through countless number of scribble apps before I found this one. I am an old Palm Pilot fan and the one that came in the Palm Treo was a lot like this one.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Ah...good enough then. I trust your judgement and that's the one I'm going to try right now. :) I've never had the pleasure of using a Palm Pilot, but that name pops up a lot in my treks around the web and it seems to me that people either hated it with a passion, or it was their best friend and companion and they miss it. Doesn't seem to be any middle ground with it in my mind. I'm thinking I would have loved it because I never met a tech gadget I didn't like. But this is straying from the subject at hand. Thanks again!