sd card

phatphil

Aug 23, 2011
OK, I put the micro sd card in my tablet and I want to store the photos in my tablet memory onto the micro sd card.
How do I do this?

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
OK, I put the micro sd card in my tablet and I want to store the photos in my tablet memory onto the micro sd card.
How do I do this?

First, go the the Android Market and download a file explorer program--I use ES File Explorer, but another popular one is Astro.

Then locate the photos you want to move. If you took them with the tablet's camera, they should be in the following directory: /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera

You can then select those photos and move them to your micro sd card, which is represented by /mnt_external/sd

Kind of confusing, isn't it? First of all, it took me a while to figure out that the /mnt/ directory is where the the sd card directory is located. Second, the /mnt/sdcard directory is actually not the microsd card you inserted, but is in fact the tablet's onboard storage memory; the microsd card is the /mnt/external_sd directory. Third, if you insert a USB drive, that directory will be /mnt/usb_storage.

Hope that helps.

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
You nailed it Bdiddy, I used Astro, and after a couple of moves, it was a snap. Understanding the internal/external was a bit confusing at first, but your addresses listed make it very simple.

Thanks,

Ken

phatphil

Aug 23, 2011
How do I do this?
OK, I downloaded file manager hd, I see folders , DCIM, etc. but I don't see anything remotely looking like/mnt/directory or /mnt_external/sd. I can go to storage on tablet and it shows unmount sd. I was able to do a zip file on the photos but I can't finf the external sd card.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
OK, I downloaded file manager hd, I see folders , DCIM, etc. but I don't see anything remotely looking like/mnt/directory or /mnt_external/sd. I can go to storage on tablet and it shows unmount sd. I was able to do a zip file on the photos but I can't finf the external sd card.

Filemanager HD lies to you about the real structure. I hate that.

Hit the green arrow at the top till it stops being green.

You will then see /mnt as one of the directories. Inside of /mnt you will see External_sd.

But if you Hit the home button, and then the green up arrow once it will put you in /mnt and can see external_sd.

You have to look way down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to see your true path.

phatphil

Aug 23, 2011
OK, got rid of file hd, and loaded astro, wrought roe, couldn't resist. I see external sd and internal, still need to be walked thru 1 step at a time. I've tried copy, move , paste, dcim, see photos just can't move them .

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
OK, got rid of file hd, and loaded astro, wrought roe, couldn't resist. I see external sd and internal, still need to be walked thru 1 step at a time. I've tried copy, move , paste, dcim, see photos just can't move them .

Phil,
On the left side, select the multi button - it will bring up another menu then choose multi select. Next click on one or many files that you wish to move - the filename/s will change color. Then choose move - then select the destination (ie, external sd). Once the destination is selected choose paste. Hope that helps.

Ken

phatphil

Aug 23, 2011
Thanks everyone, used astro, wrought roe, dragged photos to external card. I even used bluetooth and transferred some photos from my phone to my tablet. Dare to dream, I'm finally getting into the 20th century, yes I know were in the 21st. Streaming movies, amazon shopping, saved me a ton of money by the way, have to try video chat and get a galaxy nexus phone. By the way, have I told anyone how cool this tablet and site is? WAY COOL! Thanks again.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks everyone, used astro, wrought roe, dragged photos to external card. I even used bluetooth and transferred some photos from my phone to my tablet. Dare to dream, I'm finally getting into the 20th century, yes I know were in the 21st. Streaming movies, amazon shopping, saved me a ton of money by the way, have to try video chat and get a galaxy nexus phone. By the way, have I told anyone how cool this tablet and site is? WAY COOL! Thanks again.
Over the top COOL! Enjoy your tablet.

I want to get a HTC Evo 3D. Love the menu system. I've seen the Youtube video clip.