SD cards ?

ttjb

Apr 19, 2012
Does a SDHC card work with the C91 upgrade? Thinking about getting a 32GB card on sale but it is an HC. Thanks!

J

jimbo7630

I would think that HC is fine the main thing is that it is Class 4 or higher, and I'm pretty sure that High Capacity cards fit that bill.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Either an SD or an SDHC is fine. I've been using the interchangeably for some time now.

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
ttjb said:
Does a SDHC card work with the C91 upgrade? Thinking about getting a 32GB card on sale but it is an HC. Thanks!

The SDHC or "tft" card works fine. We have two C91s and each of them are running these. They plug in on the right side of the tablet next to the u-turn arrow. If you use a standard SD card you need to use a USB adapter with it.

Rob

carpengui

Apr 6, 2012

I am using a Class 4 16GB card (Kingston Micro SD HC). Awesome. Used another one as well to flash my wife's ZT to the newest 4.0.3 last night. I understand that the 32G cards are supposed to be good with these as well. Found a couple of vendors hawking 32GB cards for $20-$21 each via techbargains.com.

ttjb

Apr 19, 2012
Thanks everyone. Just purchased two yesterday for my wife and I (32GB SDHC) class 4 on 1saleaday.com for $15 a piece.

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
Mine was £18.09 from play.com, it's a 32GB sandisk one. :)

sent from my Zenithink C91 (Upgrade) Tablet,
using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

sunny2cool

May 19, 2012
well same happened with as well... looks like we got common faulty one.. :p with mine also when trying to load it ejects immediately...i ll try the 8 gb card....experts any idea y this was not working...

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
I bought one as well, but it doesn't seem to work..
The pad tries to load it, but then it ejects it immediately..
I tried with an 8GB card and it works fine..

Faulty SD Card?

Yeah, it's a well-known fact that a lot of the sandisk 32GB cards are faulty. There's lots and lots of sellers selling them on eBay, it's only when you look in the fine print, you realise it's so cheap cuz they're selling dodgy cards.

Lots of them are not properly registering how much space is on them, there's one advertised that the device using it only recognises it as a 2GB! That must be gutting, if you bought one, if you needed 32GB, and it only recognised 2GB.

Not all buyers realise that they're dodgy if they don't read the small print. EBay should have rules that if the seller is selling something that does not work as it is supposed to, then they should put the details in the title of the listing, NOT in tiny, hardly readable, barely noticeable letters at the bottom. :(

I would contact play.com and explain that it's faulty and request a replacement. (Or refund)

good luck! :)

CV
on my Tablet! :)
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)