Set Up Help

EBrionez

Oct 27, 2011
Hello, I'm new here but not with android, I had two android phone before and purchased a 7" tablet but can't add my account
All I get is "unable to open connection to server"
HELP is for my son's birthday!!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the tablet you bought for your son. I'm moving your question to the Android Tablet Q&A section so that someone can help you.

EBrionez

Oct 27, 2011
I found a way to set it up!!!!
Simply put, if you ever get the issue in Accounts & Sync for a gMail account where it prompts you for the Domain\Username, Password, and Server, here's what you enter:
Domain\Username: \(user)@gmail.com
Password: (password)
Server: m.google.com

Blessedby6

Sep 4, 2014
I hope it's okay to dredge up an old post, but I've looked everywhere for days on how to set up the exchange account on my nextbook 8p12 so that I can access the calendar. I finally got it to set up my email, but every time I put the m.google.com it tells me I don't have permission to access that. Whenever I allow anything else in that blank it kicks off my wifi and says it can't connect to server. As soon as I click on "edit details" the wifi comes right back. I've tried every tip and hit that I can find, and nothing has worked. Help!!