Skype can now be downloaded from Amazon

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
You can now download the most recent version of Skype from Amazon and, Amazon says it's compatible with the Kyros 7024.

I had to uninstall the old version, the install the Amazon version, reboot my tablet and it seems to be fine now but I have not tried video and since I'm not all that interested in showing my mug on the internet I won't be trying video anytime in the near future so if someone else wants to give it a try, please post and let us all know how it works.

Thanks!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yes, it seems that Skype video works with Android 2.3 devices...

Dec 12, 2011
How do i download amazon so i can get skype

On your tablet:
Go to Amazon and click on APPSTORE FOR ANDROID on the left hand side of the screen.
Click on AMAZON APPS
Scroll down to the bottom and click on the square orange AMAZON APPS icon
On the right of the screen there will be a box that says "Have a device without a mobile number?" Click
on that link, and see the DOWNLOAD NOW box. Click that and you're on your way.

Hope that helps!

Bogey907

Dec 27, 2011
On your tablet:
Go to Amazon and click on APPSTORE FOR ANDROID on the left hand side of the screen.
Click on AMAZON APPS
Scroll down to the bottom and click on the square orange AMAZON APPS icon
On the right of the screen there will be a box that says "Have a device without a mobile number?" Click
on that link, and see the DOWNLOAD NOW box. Click that and you're on your way.

Hope that helps!

I downloaded the Amazon app and Skype as suggested for my Coby MID8127.

Skype audio works, no luck on video. It neither sends or receives video. The screen displays the "show myself" window, but everything is dark.

fit4ugolf

Dec 14, 2011
I downloaded the Amazon app and Skype as suggested for my Coby MID8127.

Skype audio works, no luck on video. It neither sends or receives video. The screen displays the "show myself" window, but everything is dark.

In your Skype settings, there are two boxes that have to do with dark or black screen. If you check those two boxes your video will work. I did it on a 7127 and a 8127. Now I have Skype w/ video working.

Bogey907

Dec 27, 2011
In your Skype settings, there are two boxes that have to do with dark or black screen. If you check those two boxes your video will work. I did it on a 7127 and a 8127. Now I have Skype w/ video working.

Exactly which version of Skype are you using and from what source? I have tried several of these builds:

xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.6.0.95 (v13beta) / fixes, extra features & more!

V13 doesn't have the options to correct the video problems. V11 works with the correct settings - "force 320x240", "avoid setFPS", and "use valid preview surface".

I don't see those options on the Amazon version or the newer 2.6.0.95 from Google market.