[ SOLVED] Hi All, Thanks For Adding Me....

Christine Coombes

Sep 10, 2018
The problem I am having is when I use my boost sim card, and make a phone call, I keep getting the double tap lock, I double tap, and then it comes back. It is very annoying, how can I fix it, or should I send it back to supplier, or is this a common problem, cheers Christine.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Christine, congratulations on your new Samsung tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2)~01.jpg

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The problem I am having is when I use my boost sim card, and make a phone call, I keep getting the double tap lock, I double tap, and then it comes back. It is very annoying, how can I fix it, or should I send it back to supplier, or is this a common problem, cheers Christine.

A quick Google search pulled up the following thread from Android Central: How do I disable the double tap lock to make calls (Galaxy Core 2)? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Based upon what has been said in that thread, your device does not have a proximity sensor, so to prevent your face from accidentally touching buttons the screen locks. You can try to toggle the proximity sensor setting in call settings, but it most likely won't work. If it doesn't work, you won't be able to fix it, nor should you want to. Sending it back to Samsung won't help as they are the ones who put it in there in the first place.

Christine Coombes

Sep 10, 2018
Thank you for replies, I spoke to samsung, and I now understand how it works, it is just a matter of getting used to the new safety feature, made a few calls today, and I love it, also found out that leaving the small screen up allows one to use the numbers on the small key pad for the options that one has to select when ringing companies, so all in all, it is proving to be worth the money......